developing plugins: example tab and example tab (2)

developing plugins: example tab and example tab (2)

Denes Nagy
Dear Protege Developers,

I'm working on a protege plugin, and just started form the "protege-plugin-examples" https://github.com/protegeproject/protege-plugin-examples

I would like to derive my plugin from the "Example tab", and so far I managed to clean up the project from all unrelated references. However, if I delete the ExampleWorkspaceTab2.java file, the "Example tab" widget stops working as well. As I can not find any reference to "Example Tab 2" in any other file, I am wondering what this behavior can be attributed to?

Thank You for your help!
Denes

Dénes Ákos Nagy

Antal Bejczy Center for Intelligent Robotics
Óbuda University, Budapes, Hungary

Re: developing plugins: example tab and example tab (2)

Lorenz Buehmann

Protege plugin mechanism is baed on OSGi, thus, one important file for is the plugin.xml file [1] . All the config is done there.

Cheers,

Lorenz

[1] https://github.com/protegeproject/protege-plugin-examples/blob/master/src/main/resources/plugin.xml#L16-L22

On 22.12.2017 00:59, Denes Nagy wrote:
Dear Protege Developers,

I'm working on a protege plugin, and just started form the "protege-plugin-examples" https://github.com/protegeproject/protege-plugin-examples

I would like to derive my plugin from the "Example tab", and so far I managed to clean up the project from all unrelated references. However, if I delete the ExampleWorkspaceTab2.java file, the "Example tab" widget stops working as well. As I can not find any reference to "Example Tab 2" in any other file, I am wondering what this behavior can be attributed to?

Thank You for your help!
Denes

Dénes Ákos Nagy

Antal Bejczy Center for Intelligent Robotics
Óbuda University, Budapes, Hungary

Re: developing plugins: example tab and example tab (2)

Denes Nagy

Indeed, that is the only place where I found any material referencing “example tab 2”. I highly reduced the plugin.xml so now the only remaining text is relevant to “Example tab”. Still, this behavior remains, if I remove the ExampleWorkspaceTab2.java file it also disables the Example Tab as well.

Thank You for your help!
Denes
PS.: My reduced plugin.xml:

<?eclipse version="3.0"?>

<plugin>

  <!-- Tabs -->
  <extension id="ExampleWorkspaceTab" point="org.protege.editor.core.application.WorkspaceTab">
    <label value="Example Tab"/>
    <class value="org.protege.editor.owl.ui.OWLWorkspaceViewsTab"/>
    <index value="X"/>
    <editorKitId value="OWLEditorKit"/>
    <defaultViewConfigFileName value="viewconfig-exampletab.xml"/>
  </extension>

  <!-- View -->

  <extension id="ExampleViewComponent" point="org.protege.editor.core.application.ViewComponent">
    <label value="Example view component" />
    <class value="view.ExampleViewComponent" />
    <headerColor value="@org.protege.ontologycolor"/>
    <category value="@org.protege.ontologycategory" />
  </extension>

</plugin>