display too small

Dalia Varanka

I installed Protege on my Windows 10 computer last week with no problems. I had to adjust the compatibility (letting the system do it) because the display was too small, played around with it, also no problem.

Today, I ran the program and it is only working in the background (I can see it on the Task Manager but I can't 'use' it, if that makes sense). I'm making do with the platform-independent version, but the display is too small and I can't override that, which is frustrating because I can barely read it and the menus aren't displaying properly.

Re: display too small

Csongor Nyulas
Administrator
Hi Dalia,

I am not sure I understand the problem. When you say the "display is too small", what do you mean? Do you refer to the Protege window size, being to small? Or is the font size too small? Does the Protege window not appear (or is out of sight/reach)? Can you send us a screen shot, perhaps?
Did you install both the Windows version and the platform independent version? Which one gives you the problem?

Any other information you can give us to understand what is going on?

Thanks,
Csongor

On 01/29/2018 04:11 PM, Dalia Varanka wrote:

I installed Protege on my Windows 10 computer last week with no problems. I had to adjust the compatibility (letting the system do it) because the display was too small, played around with it, also no problem.

Today, I ran the program and it is only working in the background (I can see it on the Task Manager but I can't 'use' it, if that makes sense). I'm making do with the platform-independent version, but the display is too small and I can't override that, which is frustrating because I can barely read it and the menus aren't displaying properly.

Re: display too small

Justine TDJF
Hello  Csongor,
I am facing a similar issue. In my case,  I have installed the Windows version of Protégé on my Windows10 PC  and  the font size is too small. It is difficult to work with and sreenshots are almost unreadable.
Thanks,
 Justine

[...]

Varanka, Dalia
the font size of the triple resources, not the Protege windows/views themselves, are too small.
After a search of the archives, I tried the solution of resetting the resolution.  However, that doesn't change the ratio between the display of the triple resources and the larger, software window

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 12:34 PM, Csongor Nyulas <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

U.S. Geological Survey
1400 Independence Road
Rolla, MO 65401 USA

Tel. 573.308.3897
ORCID: 0000-0003-2857-9600

Re: display too small

Csongor Nyulas
Administrator
There was an issue created on github that reports a similar issue:
https://github.com/protegeproject/protege/issues/752

Justine and Dalia, is this what you see?

Csongor

On 02/02/2018 05:44 AM, Varanka, Dalia wrote:
[...]

Yes. exactly!

[...]

Tel. <a href="tel:(573)%20308-3897" value="+15733083897" target="_blank">573.308.3897
ORCID: 0000-0003-2857-9600

Re: display too small

Gennadie
I have solved the problem by decreasing the resolution of my windows 10
(originally it is 3840*2160, after changed, it is 1600*900)