domain and range unsaved

Fatma ELLOUZE
Hello,
I specify the properties and their domain and range in Protege and then I save my ontology.
when I close Protege and then re open my ontology I find all my concepts and properties but without their domains and ranges. Strange! I don't understand why!  What can I do please?
Thank you & best regards,
Fatma.

Re: domain and range unsaved

I’ve just tried to reproduce this but I can’t.  I created an object property P, set its domain to A and its range to B and saved in RDF/XML.  I then closed Protege and reopened the save file and everything is there as expected.

Which version of Protege are you using?  Which format are you saving your ontology in?

> On 30 Jun 2016, at 13:20, Fatma ELLOUZE <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
> I specify the properties and their domain and range in Protege and then I
> save my ontology.
> when I close Protege and then re open my ontology I find all my concepts and
> properties but without their domains and ranges. Strange! I don't understand
> why!  What can I do please?
> Thank you & best regards,
> Fatma.

Re: domain and range unsaved

Fatma ELLOUZE
Hi,
I am using Protege 3.4.8 and the format is OWL/RDF files. I tried also the version of Protege 3.5 and I have the same problem.
Best regards,
Fatma.

Re: domain and range unsaved

Hi Fatma,

Thanks for the clarification.  I’m not sure what the problem with 3.5 is, but in any case I recommend that you use Protege 5.0.0 where all of this works as it should.

> On 30 Jun 2016, at 13:38, Fatma ELLOUZE <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I am using Protege 3.4.8 and the format is OWL/RDF files. I tried also the
> version of Protege 3.5 and I have the same problem.
> Best regards,
> Fatma.

Re: domain and range unsaved

Lorenz Buehmann
What's the reason for using Protege 3.x ?

On 30.06.2016 16:39, Matthew Horridge wrote:

> Hi Fatma,
>
> Thanks for the clarification.  I’m not sure what the problem with 3.5 is, but in any case I recommend that you use Protege 5.0.0 where all of this works as it should.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Matthew
>

>> On 30 Jun 2016, at 13:38, Fatma ELLOUZE <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> I am using Protege 3.4.8 and the format is OWL/RDF files. I tried also the
>> version of Protege 3.5 and I have the same problem.
>> Best regards,
>> Fatma.

Re: domain and range unsaved

Fatma ELLOUZE
Hello,
Thanks for replying.
In fact, I am using this version because I used Jess and I created a user built-ins for my SWRL rules (here also I have many problem).
Sincerely, I didn't try the version 5 because I think that is beta.
My supervisor used before this version so I am using it.
Best regards,
Fatma.

Re: domain and range unsaved

Lorenz Buehmann
Protege 5 is already a final release and not a beta version.

On 30.06.2016 16:27, Fatma ELLOUZE wrote:

> Hello,
> Thanks for replying.
> In fact, I am using this version because I used Jess and I created a user
> built-ins for my SWRL rules (here also I have many problem).
> Sincerely, I didn't try the version 5 because I think that is beta.
> My supervisor used before this version so I am using it.
> Best regards,
> Fatma.

Re: domain and range unsaved

Fatma ELLOUZE
Hi,
I will try this version. Thank you very much.
Best regards,
Fatma.

Re: domain and range unsaved

samsontu

I have no problem saving domain and range axioms in Protege 3.5.

Perhaps you can post your ontology and we can see whether the problem is reproducible.

Thank you.

With best regards,
Samson

> On Jun 30, 2016, at 5:38 AM, Fatma ELLOUZE <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I am using Protege 3.4.8 and the format is OWL/RDF files. I tried also the
> version of Protege 3.5 and I have the same problem.
> Best regards,
> Fatma.

Samson Tu                                                      email: [hidden email]
Senior Research Engineer                              web: www.stanford.edu/~swt/
Center for Biomedical Informatics Research phone: 1-650-725-3391
Stanford University                                          fax: 1-650-725-7944

Re: domain and range unsaved

Fatma ELLOUZE
Hello,
Thank you very much.
please find attached my ontology.
BPMContextOntologie.owl
I want to ask if it is possible to see also my SWRL rules because also I have problem when I exceuted them. In fact, when I use jess and SWRL tab to transform a rule, I have always exception however, when I use SQWRL all it is OK and I get result for each rule.
Best regards,
Fatma.

Re: domain and range unsaved

samsontu

<http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/file/n4665733/BPMContextOntologie.owl>
I want to ask if it is possible to see also my SWRL rules because also I
have problem when I exceuted them. In fact, when I use jess and SWRL tab to
transform a rule, I have always exception however, when I use SQWRL all it
is OK and I get result for each rule.

I am afraid I can’t reproduce your domain/range saving problem in Protege 3.5.

After creating an empty ontology ("http://www.owl-ontologies.com/Ontology1466161265.owl”) that your BPMContextOntologie.owl imports, I was able to load your ontology. I added domain and range axioms to existing properties and a new property I defined. All of them were still there when I reloaded.

Your SWRL rules have conjuncts such as

Bpmc:Depth(?x) ^ swirl:lessThan(?x, 50) …

that try to apply numeric or string comparisons to individuals. Such comparisons don’t make sense.

With best regards,
Samson

--
Samson Tu                                                      email: [hidden email]
Senior Research Engineer                              web: www.stanford.edu/~swt/
Center for Biomedical Informatics Research  phone: 1-650-725-3391
Stanford University                                          fax: 1-650-725-7944

Re: domain and range unsaved

Fatma ELLOUZE
Hello,
Thank you Sir for your help.
In fact, I re create another ontology and I corrected all my rules Here an example:

cbpm:Depth(?x) ∧ cbpm:Has_Value_Depth(?x, ?y) ∧ swrlb:lessThan(?y, 50) ∧ cbpm:Length(?z) ∧
cbpm:Has_Value_Length(?z, ?a) ∧ swrlb:lessThan(?a, 10) ∧ cbpm:Technique_of_Installation(?b) ∧
cbpm:Has_Value_Technique_of_Installation(?b, ?c) ∧ swrlb:stringEqualIgnoreCase(?c, "Floating") ∧
cbpm:Substance_Carried(?d) ∧ cbpm:Has_Value_Substance(?d, ?e) ∧ swrlb:stringEqualIgnoreCase(?e, "Water") → actions:returnVersion("Ass1")

However, when I executed this rule, I obtain this exception:

Exception running rule engine: error running Jess rule engine: Jess reported an error in routine invokeSWRLBuiltIn
        while executing (invokeSWRLBuiltIn "http://www.owl-ontologies.com/Ass1" "http://www.owl-ontologies.com/Ontology1467624552.owl#returnVersion" 4 true "Ass1")
        while executing defrule MAIN::http://www.owl-ontologies.com/Ass1.
  Message: exception thrown by built-in actions:returnVersion in rule http://www.owl-ontologies.com/Ass1: edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.swrl.bridge.exceptions.UnresolvedBuiltInClassException: unresolved built-in class for prefix 'actions' in rule 'http://www.owl-ontologies.com/Ass1': edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.swrl.bridge.builtins.actions.SWRLBuiltInLibraryImpl.

I really need your help please because I followed all instructions and I have always this exception
Thank you in advance & best regards,
Fatma.

Re: domain and range unsaved

samsontu
Hi,

I hope you had resolved the issue while I was out of office.

In any case, you should check that action:returnVersion is a class in your ontology, and, if it is, the argument actions:returnVersion(..) should not be a string “Ass1”. Remember only individuals can be members of classes.

With best regards,
Samson

*
[...]

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, there are still others problems. I am using Maven now and it looks complex as I am a beginner.
In fact, my action:returnVersion is an individual of the Builtin class. Is that true?
Moreover, can I create a builtin without arguments?
Best regards,
Fatma.

Re: domain and range unsaved

Martin O'Connor-2

> In fact, my action:returnVersion is an individual of the Builtin class. Is that true?

You will need to provide significantly more information if you want people to help you. Also, the title of this post does not match the question. Please create a new thread for a new question.

> Moreover, can I create a builtin without arguments?

As per

https://github.com/protegeproject/swrlapi/wiki/SWRLBuiltInBridge#defining-built-ins-in-java

Each implementation of a specific built-in in a SWRLBuiltInLibraryImpl class should have a signature of the form:

    public boolean <name>(List<SWRLBuiltInArgument> arguments) throws SWRLBuiltInException

Martin

Re: domain and range unsaved

Fatma ELLOUZE
Hello,
Ok thank you. I will post another thread with another title which explain more my issue.
Best regards
Fatma

Re: domain and range unsaved

Fatma ELLOUZE
Hello Mr Samson,
I am sorry for my late reply.
I don't understand what mean "individuals can be members of classes".
Thank you for your time.
Best regards,
Fatma.