doubts with max (and exactly) restriction

doubts with max (and exactly) restriction

Marco
Hello, I have some doubts with max (and exactly) restriction in owl protege and I'm looking for help. I would be very grateful if someone could give me some advice.

I created a specific example just to try to clarify my doubts but without success. In my example, I created:
- two classes: Father and Child
- the Object Properties HasChild with domain Father and range Child
- 5 individuals: Father1, Father2 (type Father) and Child1, Child2, Child3 (type Son) and the axioms: Father1 != Father2, Child1 != Child2 != Child3

I specified Father1 HasChild Child1 and Father1 HasChild Child2, and Father2 HasChild Child3 so Father1 and Father2 are father of two children at most and Father2 is father of one child at most.

I also created two subclasses of Father (defined by equivalences with the Class Expression Editor):
- Father_of_one_child_at_most  = Father and (HasChild max 1 Child)
- Father_of_two_children_at_most = Father and (HasChild max 2 HasChild)
When I start the reasoner Father1 and Father2 are not included in this classes (while this problem does not occur with the minimum restriction). Could someone help me, please?

Re: doubts with max (and exactly) restriction

Csongor Nyulas
Administrator
Father1 and Father2 may have other children that are not stated in this ontology. This is why the reasoner can't classify them under Father_of_one_child_at_most or Father_of_two_children_at_most respectively.

Your example is very illustrative. These things can happen in real life as well :)

Csongor

On 03/12/2014 03:56 PM, Marco Foroni wrote:
[...]

Igor Toujilov-2

Hi All,

When you assert facts about individuals, and their properties, you should also provide available information about cardinality of the properties, if you want the reasoner to do more for you.

For example, if you have (Manchester syntax):

Individual: father

Facts: has_child child

, and you know it for sure this is the only one child for this father, then you should extend the previous representation in the following way:

Individual: father

Types: has_child max 1 Thing

Facts: has_child child

If you do so, a reasoner will contribute to your expected inference.

Cheers,

Igor

Protégé 4.3 installation on Mac OS X

Lisa Ehrlinger
I have some problems installing protégé on Mac OS X Mavericks. I followed the installation instructions on the website:
http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/Protege-OWL_4_FAQ#Why_do_I_get_a_message_about_a_damaged_installer_file_on_the_Mac.3F

where I first tried the Max OSX Application bundle, which I can extract with StuffIt Expander correctly, but as I want to click the created file Protege-4.3.app it simply does not open. I tried the same with the InstallAnywhere installer installer_protege_4.0.2.app, which does not work either. I have installed Java 7 on my Mac, but according to the instructions this should not matter in case of the InstallAnywhere installer. Do you have any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.
Lisa

Re: Protégé 4.3 installation on Mac OS X

Michael DeBellis
I just installed 4.3 on my new iMac running Mavericks and I had a problem that might be relevant. The default security for Mavericks is more restrictive than previous versions. Look under System Preferences>Security & Privacy  You will see a dialog that says "Allow apps downloaded from" Change that from "Mac App Store and Identified Developers" to "Anywhere" and then try to reinstall Protege and it should work, at least that solved the problem I was having.  After you install Protege you can set the security back to the more restrictive policy, the system will remember Protege as an exception.  Hope that helps.

Michael DeBellis

Re: Protégé 4.3 installation on Mac OS X

Lisa Ehrlinger
Hi Michael,
thanks for your effort, but it did not solve my problem. I changed the settings but the .app file still does not open (also recreated the .app file with StuffIt which should not matter anyway). I do not get any error message, it just happens nothing.
Lisa

Am 18.03.2014 um 20:55 schrieb Michael DeBellis <[hidden email]>:

I just installed 4.3 on my new iMac running Mavericks and I had a problem that might be relevant. The default security for Mavericks is more restrictive than previous versions. Look under System Preferences>Security & Privacy  You will see a dialog that says "Allow apps downloaded from" Change that from "Mac App Store and Identified Developers" to "Anywhere" and then try to reinstall Protege and it should work, at least that solved the problem I was having.  After you install Protege you can set the security back to the more restrictive policy, the system will remember Protege as an exception.  Hope that helps.

Michael DeBellis

Re: Protégé 4.3 installation on Mac OS X

Tania Tudorache
Lisa,

Alternatively, you may try to download the zip file, and run the run.sh. You may need to edit the run.sh script to point to the Java 7 location.

To download the zip file, go to http://protege.stanford.edu/products.php#desktop-protege, and click on the link: "Other downloads", and select "Zip file".

Tania

On 03/18/2014 01:10 PM, Lisa Ehrlinger wrote:
[...]

Hi Tania,

thanks a lot for the hint. It finally worked out after I downloaded FactPlusPlus and added it to the Java Extensions.

Lisa