e-forum SEDINE started

Schentz Herbert
Nachricht
please excuse multiple posting
***********************************************************************************************************************************************
w e    h a v e    l a u n c h e d    t h e    e - f o r u m           S  E  D  I  N  E        f o r    a   d i s c u s s i o n    o f    t h e
u s e    o f   s e m a n t i c    t e c h n o l o g i e s     f o r    i n t e g r a t i o n    o f    e n v i r o n m e n t a l    d a t a
**********************************************************************************************************************************************

The integration of distributed environmental data is essential for solving many questions of ecology. For the integration, semantics has to be considered to cope with the heterogeneity of collected data. Presently numerous approaches, software frameworks and architectures are available which makes it difficult to obtain an overview.

Therefore, we are glad to inform you, that an open e-forum on “Semantic Data Integration” is now online to support the discussion process. The goal of the forum SEDINE (SEmantic Data INtegration for Ecology) is to provide a platform for solution providers in the field of semantic data integration and users working in the area of environmental control and ecological sciences and to initiate a profound discussion on existing tools and tool sets with the clear intention to get feasible answers to questions that arise out of specific ecological requests.

SEDINE is available under the following link at the Austrian Federal Environment Agency:

Contact person for technical issues is Ms. Minu Ayromlou: [hidden email]

Furthermore we inform you that SEDINE will culminate in a workshop held at this years EnviroInfo in Graz, Austria. At this workshop, we will present and refine the essence of the discussions in the e-forum.

We encourage you to participate and are looking forward to fruitful discussions!  Please distribute this message to persons who are potentially interested in participation!

Kind regards,

Herbert Schentz,
Katharina Schleidt,
Minu Ayromlou

Herbert Schentz
IT-Entwicklung
IT-Development
T: +43-(0)1-313 04/5308
F: +43-(0)1-313 04/3555
[hidden email]

Umweltbundesamt
Spittelauer Lände 5
1090 Wien
Österreich/Austria
http://www.umweltbundesamt.at

Die Informationen in dieser Nachricht sind vertraulich und ausschließlich für die/den AdressatIn bestimmt. Sollten
Sie diese Nachricht irrtümlich erhalten haben, benachrichtigen Sie bitte umgehend die/den SenderIn und löschen
Sie das Original. Jede andere Verwendung dieses E-Mails ist untersagt.

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private
information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other
use of the email by you is prohibited.