error displaying ontology using OntoViz

Rajesh Kumar-3
Hi,

I have installed OntoloViz following the directions at

http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntoViz

When I try to generate the graph of an ontology I have I get the
following error:

java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: "C:\Program
Files\ATTGraphviz\bin\dot"  "C:\
Documents and Settings\rajeshk\My
Documents\research\Protege\examples\GALS_1\GAL
S_1.dot-input" -o "C:\Documents and Settings\rajeshk\My
Documents\research\Prote
ge\examples\GALS_1\GALS_1.dot" error=3
       at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
       at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
       at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(Unknown Source)
       at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(Unknown Source)
       at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Unknown Source)
       at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Unknown Source)
       at dfki.protege.ontoviz_tab.ExportDot.dot(Unknown Source)
       at dfki.protege.ontoviz_tab.ExportDot.dot(Unknown Source)
       at dfki.protege.ontoviz_tab.OntovizTab$9.actionPerformed(Unknown
Source)

       at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown
Source)
       at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown
Source)
       at
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Sour
ce)
       at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
       at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown
Source)

       at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown
Source)

Can anyone help me out here? Thanks for any comments.

Rajesh

--
Rajesh Kumar
Ph.D. Candidate

http://www.ece.cmu.edu/~rajeshk

Re: error displaying ontology using OntoViz

Jennifer Vendetti
Administrator
Rajesh,

The error messages indicate that the Ontoviz tab can't find the dot
executable.  If you are working on Windows, you might try adding the
path to the dot executable to the "Path" environment variable.

Jennifer

Rajesh Kumar wrote:

> [...]
>        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
>        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
>        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
>        at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
>        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
>        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
>        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown
> Source)
>
>        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown
> Source)
>        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
>        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
>        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
>

> Can anyone help me out here? Thanks for any comments.
>
> Rajesh

Re: error displaying ontology using OntoViz

Thanks for the reply. I added the path to the "dot" executable but I
still get the same error message.

I confirmed that "dot.exe" is on the path by opening a command window
and running "dot" from the command line.

Anything else that might be wrong?

Jennifer Vendetti wrote:

> [...]
>>       at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
>>       at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
>>       at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
>>       at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown
>>Source)
>>
>>       at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown
>>Source)
>>       at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
>>       at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
>>       at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
>>

>>Can anyone help me out here? Thanks for any comments.
>>
>>Rajesh

Rajesh Kumar
Ph.D. Candidate
Electrical & Computer Engg. Dept., Carnegie Mellon Univ.

http://www.ece.cmu.edu/~rajeshk

Re: error displaying ontology using OntoViz

Are you working on Windows?  Or some other platform?

Jennifer