error in webprotege

Michel Bohms
I have an ontology that works perfectly in topbraid but fails to load in webprotege.
Unfort. I cannot access the server log files.

Can anybody advice me, thc a lot,

neighbourhood-example.ttl (159K) Download Attachment

Re: error in webprotege

Michel Bohms
Hi David

Turtle should not be the problem..so far all my ontologies were in Turtle!

gr Michel

Probably doesn't like turtle. Try saving in RDF XML.  Just had a load failure with an ontology in Functional Syntax & converting to RDF XML solved that.  Not ideal I think - I'd expect support for all standard OWL syntaxes.

On 30 May 2014, at 10:01, Michel Bohms <[hidden email]> wrote:

I have an ontology that works perfectly in topbraid but fails to load in webprotege.
Unfort. I cannot access the server log files.

Can anybody advice me, thc a lot,
<neighbourhood-example.ttl>_______________________________________________

Re: error in webprotege

Timothy Redmond

I have an ontology that works perfectly in topbraid but fails to load in webprotege.
Unfort. I cannot access the server log files.

At a guess, the difference between topbraid and WebProtege here is that topbraid is an OWL 2 Full editor.  I suspect that your ontology is OWL 2 Full but not OWL 2.  There has been a recent (fairly long) thread about converting RDFS to OWL and I am guessing that your issues are related.

If you include your ontology then I think that somebody could give a more detailed answer (e.g. pointing out exactly what declarations are missing).

-Timothy

On 05/30/2014 05:46 AM, Michel Bohms wrote:
Hi David

Turtle should not be the problem..so far all my ontologies were in Turtle!

gr Michel

Probably doesn't like turtle. Try saving in RDF XML.  Just had a load failure with an ontology in Functional Syntax & converting to RDF XML solved that.  Not ideal I think - I'd expect support for all standard OWL syntaxes.

On 30 May 2014, at 10:01, Michel Bohms <[hidden email]> wrote:

I have an ontology that works perfectly in topbraid but fails to load in webprotege.
Unfort. I cannot access the server log files.

Can anybody advice me, thc a lot,
<neighbourhood-example.ttl>_______________________________________________

Re: error in webprotege

Michel Bohms
Hi Timothy

You say "...I suspect that your ontology is OWL 2 Full but not OWL"

What does it exactly mean "not OWL"?

if x is y full, isnt it y too then?

I thought I already included the ontology earlier. Retry here.
thx again, MIchel

[...]

Sorry - this is not correct.  My mistake - I should have looked at the original post.

There is at least one missing declaration - unit:Kilowatt is not declared.  Thus, I think if I look at the specification I think that this will not be OWL 2.  But this is not the problem.

The line that is giving trouble is in this clause:

:TimePointProperty_B2-P09
  rdf:type depc:TimePointProperty ;
  depc:e-Production "2.10"^^unit:Kilowatt ;;
  depc:timeStamp "2014-05-18T09:00:00"^^xsd:dateTime ;
.

If you take out the double semi-colon the file parses.

I will have to look at this more to see whether this should have parsed (Matthew probably knows).

Sorry for the hasty correction - I have to run...

-Timothy

On 05/30/2014 07:10 AM, Timothy Redmond wrote:

[...]

Bohms, H.M. (Michel)

Thx!! Will investigate further!

[...]

Dit bericht kan informatie bevatten die niet voor u is bestemd. Indien u niet de geadresseerde bent of dit bericht abusievelijk aan u is toegezonden, wordt u verzocht dat aan de afzender te melden en het bericht te verwijderen. TNO aanvaardt geen aansprakelijkheid voor de inhoud van deze e-mail, de wijze waarop u deze gebruikt en voor schade, van welke aard ook, die verband houdt met risico's verbonden aan het elektronisch verzenden van berichten.

Re: error in webprotege

Michel Bohms
the ;; was it!
(guess ignored by tbc)
thx Michel

[...]

Eric Prud'hommeaux
It imported for me in Desktop Protege once i changed line 1769 from
  depc:e-Production "2.10"^^unit:Kilowatt ;;
  depc:e-Production "2.10"^^unit:Kilowatt ;
. (Note that the former is valid Turtle so this is really an OWL
API bug.)

* Bohms, H.M. (Michel) <[hidden email]> [2014-05-30 14:42+0000]

> Thx!! Will investigate further!

-ericP

office: +1.617.599.3509
mobile: +33.6.80.80.35.59

([hidden email])
email address distribution.

Re: error in webprotege

Eric Prud'hommeaux
* Michel Bohms <[hidden email]> [2014-05-30 16:50+0200]
> the ;; was it!
> (guess ignored by tbc)

as it should be.
  [7] predicateObjectList ::= verb objectList (';' (verb objectList)?)*
is satisfied by
  <someVerb> <someObject> ;;;;;;;
http://www.w3.org/TR/turtle/#grammar-production-predicateObjectList