existing prefix won't appear with new resources

existing prefix won't appear with new resources

Varanka, Dalia
Greetings
I have a list of Prefixes on the Active Ontology tab of my ontology, but when I add new resources (in this case, classes) that reuses a URI named in the prefix list, I just get a colon and not the prefix upon creating the new resource. I have 'Render by prefix name' selected. Also, I notice the URI duplicates on the list of Prefixes (Active Ontology tab), without a prefix name.
Does anyone know how I can clean this up, so that I reuse an established prefix name and don't get multiple duplicate values in the Active Ontology?
thanks
Dalia

--
Dalia Varanka
U.S. Geological Survey

Tel. 573.308.3897
ORCID: 0000-0003-2857-9600

Re: existing prefix won't appear with new resources

Hi Dalia,

You should use the “New Entities” tab on the Preferences dialog to set up IRI generation for new entities.  Choose “Specified IRI” for the “Start with” option and enter your prefix here.  Next select “#”, “/“ or “:” depending upon the training character of your prefix.  See an example in the screenshot below.

If you are trying to reuse entries with certain "well known” prefixes you can just type the prefixed name that your interested in into the entity creation dialog.  For example, creating an annotation property by typing “skos:altLabel” will create an annotation property with the SKOS prefix. See the second screenshot below.