exploiting knowledge base

Suzanne Ngom

hi all,

I'm builting an HL7/RIM ontology for home healthcare and i need
recommandations on the different manners to interact with my ontology in
terms of knowledge usability. I know that jena, jess tab, jambayala, are
kinds of tools i need but i have no technical documentation on them.
If any of you could give me some links related to thoses topics, i'd
sincerely appreciate;
Thanks in advance

TXRuleML plugin

whetzel-2

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had tried to use the TXRuleML plugin with
Protege 3.2? I see that it was developed for Protege 2000, but I can get
it to display in Protege 3.2, build 300 Mac and PC platforms. However, it
writes empty files (create a new file but it is empty). Does anyone
happen to know the changes between Protege 2000 and Protege/OWL 3.2 that
might be causing this error?

Thanks,
Trish

Re: TXRuleML plugin

Tania Tudorache

Hi Trish,

the TXRuleML was compiled for Protege 1.9. Since then, the Protege API
has changed slightly, so you will probably need to recompile the plugin
if you want to use it with Protege 3.2.

Tania

Trish Whetzel wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I was wondering if anyone had tried to use the TXRuleML plugin with
>Protege 3.2? I see that it was developed for Protege 2000, but I can get
>it to display in Protege 3.2, build 300 Mac and PC platforms. However, it
>writes empty files (create a new file but it is empty). Does anyone
>happen to know the changes between Protege 2000 and Protege/OWL 3.2 that
>might be causing this error?
>
>Thanks,
>Trish

Re: exploiting knowledge base

Tania Tudorache

Hi Suzanne,

if you intend to build an application using a Protege ontology, probably
the first thing to know is some basics of the Protege API that allows
you to access in a programmatic manner all content of the ontology. Here
is the documentation for it: http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/dev.html
You will also find examples on how to use the Protege API from other
Java applications.

If you intent to use the JessTab, you can use Java reflection to invoke
any Protege API method. Here you have documentation about the functions
you can call in JessTab: http://www.ida.liu.se/~her/JessTab/JessTab.pdf

For Jambalaya, I am sure that there is an API to build visualisations
from Protege, but you will need to contact the authors of the plugin
directly to aks about this.

Tania