export in OWL

zze-SIA Jamal RD-BIZZ-SOP

Hi all!

I am trying to export my proteg=E9 ontologie in OWL format in order to =
adapt it with another more complete OWL ontology. But when i try to open =
the exported OWL version of my ontology Proteg=E9 says :

 ?????

I thought that maybe there might be some inconsistency. but there is no =
option to check if the ontology is well written or not. and i don't have =
any DIG compliant reasoner to check consistency. I had previously built =
the ontology with Protege 3.1. and reopened it with 3.2 beta. the export =
was also done with 3.2 beta.

any help would be much appreciated...

-- Type: image/jpeg
-- Desc: Outlook.jpg
-- Size: 15k (15598 bytes)

Re: export in OWL

Jennifer Vendetti
Administrator

Jamal,

As a reminder, please ask Protege-OWL related questions on the
protege-owl mailing list.

zze-SIA Jamal RD-BIZZ-SOP wrote:

>I am trying to export my proteg=E9 ontologie in OWL format in order to adapt it with another more complete OWL ontology. But when i try to open the exported OWL version of my ontology Protege says:
>

>I thought that maybe there might be some inconsistency. but there is no option to check if the ontology is well written or not.

There are many different Web sites for checking the validity of an OWL
file.  This is a good one to try:

http://owl.bbn.com/validator/

You could also do a Google search for "OWL Validators" to find others.

Jennifer

Re: export in OWL

zze-SIA Jamal RD-BIZZ-SOP

Ok Jennifer, i thought it was still a Protege like question and thank you for the indications.