hasValue restriction with datatype literal?

hasValue restriction with datatype literal?

Florian Echtler
Hi everybody,

is there any way in which I can express a datatype literal, e.g. "false"
as an object? I have an ObjectProperty with an empty range, which AFAIK
means that anything can be the object of a triple with said predicate.
However, when I want to create a hasValue restriction on this predicate,
I can't use datatype literals.. is there a canonical representation as
an object?

Yours, Florian

Re: hasValue restriction with datatype literal?

Matthew Horridge
Hi Florian,

> is there any way in which I can express a datatype literal, e.g.
> "false"
> as an object? I have an ObjectProperty with an empty range, which
> AFAIK
> means that anything can be the object of a triple with said predicate.

Only individuals can be the objects of triples that have object
properties as predicate (well only individuals in OWL-DL).  You
should use a datatype property to have an object which is false.

> However, when I want to create a hasValue restriction on this
> predicate,
> I can't use datatype literals.. is there a canonical representation as
> an object?

What are you trying to model?