help me please!!!

abdoul aziz assoumane
in our memory of gradued student (ingenier) we have developped an ontology on operators of processing images,now we don't know how to use it in order to built an application for processing images.such application will make a end user to make a quiery for an operation on an image for example "segment me white part of a brain " after giving that image to the application .
  please, can i find somme one for HELP.We have only one mounth to give that application for examination.

---------------------------------
 Faites de Yahoo! votre page d'accueil sur le web pour retrouver directement vos services préférés : vérifiez vos nouveaux mails, lancez vos recherches et suivez l'actualité en temps réel. Cliquez ici.

Re: help me please!!!

Tania Tudorache

I know too little about your application and ontology to really help
you.When you designed the application, you had probably a goal in mind
for the use of the ontology. So, if your question is how to access the
content of the ontology programmatically from another application, you
can do this by using the Protege API
(http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/dev.html).

If you are asking about how to use the ontology as part of the logic of
your application, I imagine different scenarios. I suppose one of the
goals of designing the imaging processing operator ontology was to
define a common vocabulary for the users in which they can ask queries.
And probably, you described how operators are composed and how they are
linked to certain algorithms. For example, if you described that in
order to"segment" something, you need to do operation1 and operation2.
By using the ontology, you can decompose an operation to atomic
operations that are linked to algorithms, so you will be able to execute
the query/task specified by the user.
Again, this is just an example, because I don't know details about your
application and ontology.

You can look at the PSMTab which is an example on how to build
knowledge-based applications
(http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/psmtab/PSMTab.html)

Tania