help me with ontology in implementation

ye juan
Hi, all

I am about doing some applications based on ontology.
I build some simple ontologies in Protege. But I do
not know how to use them in the implementation of my
application (i.e, in java programming).

And I do not know how to use ontology to reasoning in
the application, not just use the inferencing tools
like Racer to check the consistency.

So I hope you can help me to explain those issues. If
anyone has concrete simple examples that can be shared
by me, it's perfect.

I am really interested in ontology, but I just start
working.

Thanks a lot!

Re: help me with ontology in implementation

Hai Wang
Hi Ye,
You could try the simple application --  Pizzafinder
http://www.co-ode.org/downloads/pizzafinder/.

The following site has some sample codes about  reasoning ontology.
http://www.co-ode.org/resources/codeexamples/pizzaquery/
PizzaQuery.java.html
.

Cheers
Hai

On 21 Mar 2006, at 19:26, ye juan wrote:

> Hi, all
>
> I am about doing some applications based on ontology.
> I build some simple ontologies in Protege. But I do
> not know how to use them in the implementation of my
> application (i.e, in java programming).
>
> And I do not know how to use ontology to reasoning in
> the application, not just use the inferencing tools
> like Racer to check the consistency.
>
> So I hope you can help me to explain those issues. If
> anyone has concrete simple examples that can be shared
> by me, it's perfect.
>
> I am really interested in ontology, but I just start
> working.
>
> Thanks a lot!

> subscribe.html

Regards
Hai

Research Associate
Department of Computer Science
Kilburn Building
University of Manchester
Oxford Road
Manchester M13 9PL
UK
Homepage: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~hwang

RE: [protege-owl] Re: help me with ontology in implementation

ye juan
Hi, Hai

Thanks a lot! I remember it's you that answer my
question last time. You are very helpful!

Sincerely

--- Hai Wang <[hidden email]>写道: