Quantcast

how to create new instance and distinguish them?

how to create new instance and distinguish them?

mary
This post was updated on .
car.owl
The Concept and Relation in onotology is created as follows:
Requirement hasObject  Object
Object hasProperty Property

The instances in ontology are as follows:
Sr is an instance of Requirement .sr hasObject car.
door and wheel are the instances of Property.
Car is an instance of Object . car hasProperty door, car hasProperty wheel.

Then I want to reason that a new instance of Requirement  hasObject door and another new instance of Requirement hasObject wheel.
I want to distinguish three instances of Requirement.
But I don't know how to create new instance automatically.
SWRL has  the ability to make new instance, but the instances it created has the same name, I can't distinguish them.
Or, can I create id and make every instance of Requirement related with id? Make the id is a integer and added automatically. Can it help to distinguish the instances of Requirement ?

Please help me. Thanks advance.

Re: how to create new instance and distinguish them?

Lorenz B.
OWL reasoning is not designed to create new entities. See [1]
On the other hand, the SWRL API supports some extensions, see [2]

[1] https://mailman.stanford.edu/pipermail/protege-owl/2007-July/002967.html
[2] https://github.com/protegeproject/swrlapi/wiki/ExtensionsBuiltInLibrary

[...]

Lorenz B├╝hmann
AKSW group, University of Leipzig