how to express Love(owl:class) = People(owl:class) loves some People in Expression Panel?

how to express Love(owl:class) = People(owl:class) loves some People in Expression Panel?

crapthings
how to say Love(owl:class) = People(owl:class) loves some People

<http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/file/t376830/abc.png>

Re: how to express Love(owl:class) = People(owl:class) loves some People in Expression Panel?

Lorenz Buehmann
Don't know how you define "Love", but this would be the same in OWL Manchester Syntax.
I'd call the class PeopleInLove or LovingPeople, or something ... that name makes it much more clearer. Good naming helps!

Love EquivalentTo People AND loves some People

On 26.07.2018 04:11, crapthings wrote:

> how to say Love(owl:class) = People(owl:class) loves some People
>
> <http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/file/t376830/abc.png>

Re: how to express Love(owl:class) = People(owl:class) loves some People in Expression Panel?

crapthings
thanks Lorenz Buehmann

but that will lead "Love" EquivalentTo "People"

wl:Class
Alien
AlienDriver
HumanDriver
Human
Car

owl:ObjectProperty

HumanDriver = Human drives some Car

AlienDriver = Alien drives some Car

but when i say

Human and drives some Car

HumanDriver = Human ? i don't want it to be equal.

Re: how to express Love(owl:class) = People(owl:class) loves some People in Expression Panel?

You need to distinguish between love as a class (a set) and love as a property (a relation between two sets). The way I would model it is to define People as a class (as you have done). Note the standard is to use singular tense for classes so I'm going to do that and say the class is Person. Then I would define a property called "loves" with domain Person and range Person (note the definition of domain and range are optional). Then if you want to have a class for all the people who love at least one other Person you could create a class called LovingPerson and then use the DL similar to what you had in your screen shot: "Person and loves some Person" as the definition for LovingPerson.

Michael

On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 7:11 PM, crapthings <[hidden email]> wrote:
how to say Love(owl:class) = People(owl:class) loves some People

<http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/file/t376830/abc.png>

Re: how to express Love(owl:class) = People(owl:class) loves some People in Expression Panel?

samsontu

On Jul 25, 2018, at 11:38 PM, crapthings <[hidden email]> wrote:

thanks Lorenz Buehmann

but that will lead "Love" EquivalentTo "People"

wl:Class
Alien
AlienDriver
HumanDriver
Human
Car

owl:ObjectProperty

HumanDriver = Human drives some Car

AlienDriver = Alien drives some Car

but when i say

Human and drives some Car

HumanDriver = Human ? i don't want it to be equal.

No, “HumanDriver EquivalentTo (Human AND drives some Car)” means the set of individuals who are HumanDrivers is equal to those who are humans and who drives a car. It is the subset of humans who drives a car, not the whole set of humans.

With best regards,
Samson