how to feed back to Ontology

sharmi m
Dear sir/friends,

Thank you for suggesting me protege4.3. Graphical tools are working fine.

By the way, I would like to clarify the following.

My effort is make knowledge repository for (software) flags

each flag has a name, id, status, settime..

I could build my flag ontology fine.

1. initially, the status of the flag = "reset"  ( thro' hasStatus- property

2. Ontology  is used by another program(matlab code), which will change the flag status as "set" based on some condition at paricular time

3. how to feed the updated status knowledge back to the ontology from the program.  ( status , settime)

4. Thereby to make the ontology as complete repository for flag info for that case study. similarly many case study to be conducted

5. is ontology to be used first and then update & keep it..which may be referred later

will you kindly suggest?

Re: how to feed back to Ontology

Csongor Nyulas
Administrator
Hi Sharmi,

I could extract only a single question from your email: How can one update an ontology from a MATLAB program?

I don't know the exact answer, since I have never done this. I would not be surprised to learn that in fact so far nobody has done such a thing :)

However, if I would really need to do this, I suppose I would try to write the logic that would update the ontology in Java, using the OWL API [1] or the Protege-OWL API [2], and I would try to call the Java code from MATLAB. Google can give you pretty good hints for how to do this last step [3].

Csongor

[1] http://owlapi.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/owl/api/
[3] https://www.google.com/search?q=invoking+Java+code+from+matlab

On 05/30/2013 11:45 PM, Sharmi M wrote:
[...]

Katja
Hi Sharmi,

I would do it exactly the same way as Csongor wrote. You will need some bridge between the ontology and matlab and Java would also be my first choice.

Katja

Am 31.05.2013 09:36, schrieb Csongor Nyulas:
[...]

Dipl.-Medieninf. Katja Siegemund
Research Assistant

Technische Universität Dresden
Department of Computer Science