Quantcast

how to reduce the run time of a SQWRL query in Protege?

how to reduce the run time of a SQWRL query in Protege?

Fatma ELLOUZE
Hello Everyone,
I am using Protege 5.0.0 and I have 12 SQWRL queries.
The time of the execution of these 12 queries is about 54644 ms. It is really high.
Please is there a solution to reduce the execution time?
Thank you in advance.
Best regards,
Fatma.

Re: how to reduce the run time of a SQWRL query in Protege?

Martin O'Connor-2

Have you tried allocating more memory to the VM?

The execution time is a set of SWRL rules or a SQWRL query is dependent of many things - but primary it is influenced by the number of entities in your ontology. Send me the ontology and I can take a look at it.

(I would also suggest upgrading to Protege 5.1.0 and the latest 1.1.2 version of the SWRLTab plugin.)

Martin

> On Oct 24, 2016, at 4:15 AM, Fatma ELLOUZE <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello Everyone,
> I am using Protege 5.0.0 and I have 12 SQWRL queries.
> The time of the execution of these 12 queries is about 54644 ms. It is
> really high.
> Please is there a solution to reduce the execution time?
> Thank you in advance.
> Best regards,
> Fatma.

Re: how to reduce the run time of a SQWRL query in Protege?

Fatma ELLOUZE
Hello again,
Thank you for your reply. I already try to execute them on a configuration of 8 GB of RAM and Processor (x64).
Please find attached my ontology however I am executing them all from java to deduce the execution time.
myOnto.owl
Juste a question for upgrading: Can I do that from the current version of Protege or I must download the Protege 5.1.0?

Thank you very much for considering my request.
Best regards
Fatma.

Re: how to reduce the run time of a SQWRL query in Protege?

Martin O'Connor-2

You can upgrade to the 1.1.2 version of the SWRLTab plugin in Protege 5.0.0.

Let me know if that changed anything. If not, I will take a look at this.

Martin

> On Oct 24, 2016, at 7:28 AM, Fatma ELLOUZE <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello again,
> Thank you for your reply. I already try to execute them on a configuration
> of 8 GB of RAM and Processor (x64).
> Please find attached my ontology however I am executing them all from java
> to deduce the execution time.
> myOnto.owl
> <http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/file/n4666766/myOnto.owl>
> Juste a question for upgrading: Can I do that from the current version of
> Protege or I must download the Protege 5.1.0?
>
> Thank you very much for considering my request.
> Best regards
> Fatma.

Re: how to reduce the run time of a SQWRL query in Protege?

Fatma ELLOUZE
I am using already the version 1.1.2  of the SWRLTab plugin in Protege 5.0.0.
I just used the Protege 5.1.0 and I am happy to see that we can select SQWRL queries (with the check) but unfortunately even with the selection you can execute only one query per run.
Thank you in advance for your help
Best regards
Fatma.

Re: how to reduce the run time of a SQWRL query in Protege?

Martin O'Connor-2

If the ontology has not changed between query executions then subsequent queries on the same ontology should be very quick because a significant amount of effective caching will have occurred executing the first query.

Martin

> On Oct 24, 2016, at 9:15 AM, Fatma ELLOUZE <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am using already the version 1.1.2  of the SWRLTab plugin in Protege 5.0.0.
> I just used the Protege 5.1.0 and I am happy to see that we can select SQWRL
> queries (with the check) but unfortunately even with the selection you can
> execute only one query per run.
> Thank you in advance for your help
> Best regards
> Fatma.

Re: how to reduce the run time of a SQWRL query in Protege?

Fatma ELLOUZE
Hello,
Yes, my ontology does not change. I just want to draw your attention that my program java populate the ontology with two individuals and then execute the set of 12 queries.
I just try to execute this code two times consecutive, as you said, and the time of  execution decreased from 42199.0Milli second to 36572.0Milli second. however, it still remarkable and high.
I wonder if I execute more queries, what time it will be take.
Thanks,
Best regards
Fatma.

Re: how to reduce the run time of a SQWRL query in Protege?

Martin O'Connor-2

I looked at the ontology you sent and none of the SQWRL queries seem to return any results (and they all execute in about a second).

Are some supposed to return results?

Martin

> On Oct 25, 2016, at 2:34 AM, Fatma ELLOUZE <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
> Yes, my ontology does not change. I just want to draw your attention that my
> program java populate the ontology with two individuals and then execute the
> set of 12 queries.
> I just try to execute this code two times consecutive, as you said, and the
> time of  execution decreased from 42199.0Milli second to 36572.0Milli
> second. however, it still remarkable and high.
> I wonder if I execute more queries, what time it will be take.
> Thanks,
> Best regards
> Fatma.

Re: how to reduce the run time of a SQWRL query in Protege?

Fatma ELLOUZE
Hello Mr Martin,
In fact and right now, I need just the message shown in the select of SQWRL queries. So, for me, the result returned is the message written in the select.
I don't understand about the time, is it taking 1 second for all my queries together or 1 second for each query? Because this is a big difference for my issue.
Thank you very much.
Best regards
Fatma.

Re: how to reduce the run time of a SQWRL query in Protege?

marwamanaa

I'm working on protégé and I would like to compute the execution time of my SPARQL querie but I don't know how. Can you help me Please?