inserting individuals to an existing ontology from a query

inserting individuals to an existing ontology from a query

obada
can I use DLQueryTab to write a query that inserts an individual into an existing ontology?
Suppose that I have an Ontology with class "Fruits", is there such a query that I can write to add the individual "Banana" to the class "Fruits"?

I read that SPARQL Update allows me to do that, but unfortunately this is not supported in Protege (according to this post).

I know that adding an individual to a class is a matter of a few clicks in Protege, but I want to do that from a query.

Re: inserting individuals to an existing ontology from a query

Lorenz Buehmann
Hello Obada,

  no, you can't do that with DL queries. It's just for querying, not for
modifying.

Kind regards,
Lorenz

> can I use DLQueryTab to write a query that inserts an individual into an
> existing ontology?
> Suppose that I have an Ontology with class "Fruits", is there such a query
> that I can write to add the individual "Banana" to the class "Fruits"?
>
> I read that  SPARQL Update <http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-update/>   allows
> me to do that, but unfortunately this is not supported in Protege
> (according to this post)
> <http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/Insert-a-individual-by-using-sparql-query-using-Protege-editor-td4657782.html>
> .
>
> I know that adding an individual to a class is a matter of a few clicks in
> Protege, but I want to do that from a query.

Lorenz B├╝hmann, MSc in Computer Science
AKSW group, University of Leipzig
Group: http://aksw.org - semantic web research center