integrate Protege with Processing

wenxinhu
Hi! I'm really stuck on the problem for several days. I need to develop a plugin for visualization of ontologies and my idea was to embed / integrate Processing in Protege4 as a view component.

So my question: Is it possible to embed an Applet as a view component inside Protege? Or do I have to use other toolkits for visualization?

Thanks in advance!

Re: integrate Protege with Processing

Yaaqoub
There is a protege plugin example template did you try it:
https://github.com/protegeproject/protege-plugin-examples

Yes you can embed an Applet as view component inside protege

Re: integrate Protege with Processing

wenxinhu
Thanks for your reply! Yeah I have done that but when i was trying to embed the Applet there were always errors. I thought that was maybe because view component was not compatible with applet in protege4.1. But thanks! I hope that I can get rid of the errors soon :)

Re: integrate Protege with Processing

Yaaqoub
if you want help with the code send me Applet example and i will try to embed it with that protege plugin example

Re: integrate Protege with Processing

wenxinhu
didn't see your message but really thanks for your help. I'm now trying another tool for visualization and give up using Processing. But still thanks a lot!