integrate foaf ontology with my ontology

integrate foaf ontology with my ontology

hajar_zan
hello everyone
i am trying to integrate foaf ontology with my ontology but i don't want to
integrate the whole ontology only the needed concepts
so could someone direct me to a tutorail how to do it or show me how to
resolve that problem
thank you in advance

--
Hajar Zankadi

Ingénieur d'Etat en Management des Sytèmes d'Information
Diplomée de l'Institut National des Postes et Télécommunications (INPT)

Re: integrate foaf ontology with my ontology

hajar_zan
can anyone could help?
thank you

--
Sent from: http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/Protege-Developer-f4659816.html

Re: integrate foaf ontology with my ontology

ricardoMT
Hello Hajar

well, as far as I know, the way to do it what you need is to import the ontology and then, start removing classes and properties that you will not utilize...
this way I used to create my ontology using partial content from other ontologies like TIME, ENVIRONMENT, PROV, etc

this is a tough job when an upper ontology is to big, of course another solution would be to recreate those elements in your ontology without import
when you need just a small set of them (from the upper ontology) to be used in your model

talking about the Protege which is a fantastic tool, it would be very helpful if it had an option to select only the elements that were imported and mark those that you want to delete, this for sure will save a lot of time to adjust your model

I hope this reply could give you an idea to go ahead

Regards
Ricardo Taques

Em seg, 12 de nov de 2018 às 07:47, hajar_zan <[hidden email]> escreveu:
can anyone could help?
thank you

--
Sent from: http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/Protege-Developer-f4659816.html

Re: integrate foaf ontology with my ontology

hajar_zan
Ok i will try this solution
Thank you
Kind regards

PastedGraphic-1.png (314K) Download Attachment
PastedGraphic-1.png (314K) Download Attachment

Re: integrate foaf ontology with my ontology

hajar_zan
hello everyone
i need your help again
i want to integrate the following standard in my ontology in order to model the learner:  PAPI Learner and IMS-Lip. ( is that even possible)
how could i manage to do it in protégé
Thank you in advance

Le lun. 12 nov. 2018 à 18:13, hajar hajar <[hidden email]> a écrit :
[...]

thank for your response but i am looking how to exactely integrate that knowledge in protégé
should i create classes with the name used in those standard or is there a way to reference them as the case of foaf ontology

Re: integrate foaf ontology with my ontology

Lorenz Buehmann
It's unclear what you're asking.

Either you
i) implement the ontology by yourself (e.g. as described in the paper) and use the concepts in your domain ontology or
ii) you use a search engine of your choice or
iii) you try to contact the authors of the paper and ask whether they can share the ontology with you

[...]

Lorenz Bühmann
AKSW group, University of Leipzig