is ezOWL Plugin not available now..

rakesh shejwalkar

hi,

I want to try graphical modelling of ontologies, I tried to find this ezOWLplugin , but link for downlaod does not open..is this plugin not available now??\

Also "is there any special significance of using Protege Owl editor over Protege Frames editor"?? Can't we export the owl file ( by modelling ontology in "Frames editor" ) to the owl editor again,  to avail some of the other functionalities available in owl editor like linkage with "Reasoner" .

I wish to do automatic extraction of infomration from unstructured documents, for that ontoLT plugin is there, but the documenation is vis-a-vis "Frames editor"..
 that's why I am not very sure which editor will be the best for the purpose of "Creating Ontology Graphically" and "Extracting Infomation Automatically" from unstructured documents..could u kindly brief me on this!

 Stay connected with your friends even when away from PC.  Link: http://in.mobile.yahoo.com/new/messenger/

Re: is ezOWL Plugin not available now..

Shashi-2
Hello Mr. Rakesh,
     I think you are an IIT student. I remember seeing your IIT id.
  Nice to know that you are working  on IE and Ontology. Even I'm working on IE and Ontology.
  I'm Shashirekha, working for my Ph.D on IE, Ontology and Text classification.
  I'm a research student in University of Mysore.

  Hope to know from your end.
  regards
  Shashirekha

rakesh shejwalkar <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Jennifer Vendetti-2

Rakesh,

rakesh shejwalkar wrote:

>I want to try graphical modelling of ontologies, I tried to find this ezOWLplugin , but link for downlaod does not open..is this plugin not available now??\

We don't have any information on an updated link for the ezOWL plug-in.
We do still have the names and email addresses of the authors of the
plug-in:

Sooyoung Oh (runtou at etri dot re dot kr)
Moonyoung Chung (mchung at etri dot re dot kr)

You could try contacting them directly to see if they have an updated
Web page or updated version of their plug-in.  As a last resort, you
could also download an older version of Protege (version 3.0), which
included a working version of the ezOWL plug-in.  Older versions of
Protege are available for download from our Web site:

http://protege.stanford.edu/download/old_releases/

Note that older versions are no longer supported.

>Also "is there any special significance of using Protege Owl editor over Protege Frames editor"?? Can't we export the owl file ( by modelling ontology in "Frames editor" ) to the owl editor again,  to avail some of the other functionalities available in owl editor like linkage with "Reasoner" .

Yes, you can work in the Protege-Frames editor and export your ontology
to OWL files as needed.  If you are really interested in OWL though, you
probably want to use the Protege-OWL editor since the user interface has
many widgets that support features that are specific to the OWL language.

>I wish to do automatic extraction of infomration from unstructured documents, for that ontoLT plugin is there, but the documenation is vis-a-vis "Frames editor"..
> that's why I am not very sure which editor will be the best for the purpose of "Creating Ontology Graphically" and "Extracting Infomation Automatically" from unstructured documents..could u kindly brief me on this!

Yes, the OntoLT plug-in was developed for Protege-Frames.  If you want
to use the plug-in, you can edit your ontology in Protege-Frames and as
I mentioned above, export the ontology to OWL as needed.

Jennifer