large ontology

Edwin A Pell

Hello, I am trying to load the CYC ontology. I find it loads fine if I increase the heap space to 5G from the default 0.5G when I run local. Is there a way I can increase the heap size when I run webProtege?

Thanks,
Ed

Re: large ontology

Tania Tudorache

You need to increase the heap size for tomcat (or whatever other servlet engine you are using).

There are different ways of doing that (basically you need to specify the -Xmx argument for tomcat). Here is a nice guide:

http://thelinuxfaq.com/191-how-to-set-or-increase-memory-heap-size-in-apache-tomcat

You can also just do a web search for "set heap size in tomcat" and will find many suggestions.

Tania