large ontology

Alexander Garcia Castro
hi, I have a large ontology, really big (>5 gigas). I would like to load it in protege, I am using protege 5.20. does protege support loading an ontology from a database instead than loading it from the owl or rdf or obo file?

if not, then does web based protege have a DB as a backend or is it also loading and processing text?

Re: large ontology

Amith, Muhammad F
For a large ontology, I would recommend using OWL-API to interface and parse the needed data with the large ontology.

--
Muhammad "Tuan" Amith, MS
Predoctoral Fellow, PhD Candidate

    hi, I have a large ontology, really big (>5 gigas). I would like to load it
    in protege, I am using protege 5.20. does protege support loading an
    ontology from a database instead than loading it from the owl or rdf or obo
    file?

    if not, then does web based protege have a DB as a backend or is it also

    Thanks.

    --
    Alexander Garcia