local (accented) characters displayed erronously in exported HTML

local (accented) characters displayed erronously in exported HTML

Füzi, Peter
Hi Ladies/Gents,

I am a new guy in the Protégé scene. I have about 15 monthes long intro trials with Protégé (Frames), deployed in periodical background efforts. I appreciate Protégé, thanks the developers for this cute product. I already read the relevant sources, like Getting Started, etc. and I have more successful experiences with it.

My Protégé installation (Win 8.1 64 bit, Java 1.7.0._51, Protégé  Frames 3.4.8 - a simple starter configuration on a notebook released last April) works fine during model development. Unfortunately local characters (accented Hungarian letters) of my descriptions are displayed in wrong placeholders when I export them to HTML.  This behaviour of the system is consequent: all local characters are displayed with incorrect characters, none has a correct shape.

I checked out my Protégé configuration against the  specification:  all versions are in compliance with the configuration rules. Also I browsed lots of web-pages in concern with this problem. Still I cannot find the key to sort it out.

Your hint is kindly welcome, whether what should be checked out to meet the correct operation. Thanks and regards,

Peter Füzi
Hungary, Europe

[POSSIBLE VIRUS:###] [protege-discussion] [POSSIBLE VIRUS:###] Re: local (accented)characters displayed erronously in exported HTML

Csongor Nyulas
Administrator
Dear Peter,

Protege uses Unicode characters with UTF8 encoding by default to save the ontologies in the different formats.
You can see and change the encoding that is used in the Project -> Encodings menu.

I don't know what is it going wrong with your particular setup, but I had no problem at all to create classes, properties and instances that contain Hungarian characters in their names.
The differences between our setups are the following: I used the latest version of Protege Frames (version 3.5) and I ran it on Ubuntu.

Please see attached a sample ontology containing Hungarian characters, and the exported HTML documentation that is generated from that ontology.
You should be able to read the characters both in Protege and in HTML.
If you can't, you probably need to modify some of your Web browser and/or OS settings related to character encodings.

I hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Csongor

On 01/22/2014 01:24 PM, Füzi, Peter wrote:
[...]

Karakter_teszt.zip (82K) Download Attachment