manchester syntax for individuals

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

manchester syntax for individuals

yannischris
Hello,
I haven't managed to find anything about how we express things about OWL individuals in Manchester syntax.
Specifically about class and object assertions. E.g. how do we say:

- "person1 is-an-instance-of-class Person"
- "person1 hasFather person2"
- "person1 hasAge 23"

where person1, person2 are individuals, hasFather is an object property & hasAge is a datatype property.
Thanks
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: manchester syntax for individuals

David Osumi-Sutherland
On 10 Jun 2013, at 10:38, yannischris wrote:

Hello,
I haven't managed to find anything about how we express things about OWL
individuals in Manchester syntax.
Specifically about class and object assertions. E.g. how do we say:

- "person1 is-an-instance-of-class Person"
- "person1 hasFather person2"
- "person1 hasAge 23"

where person1, person2 are individuals, hasFather is an object property &
hasAge is a datatype property.

Doc here:


Choose show Manchester syntax from here:


Details on classifying individuals here:


Info on data properties here:


- David


Thanks



--
View this message in context: http://protege-ontology-editor-knowledge-acquisition-system.136.n4.nabble.com/manchester-syntax-for-individuals-tp4658144.html
Sent from the Protege-OWL 4.x Support mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
_______________________________________________
p4-feedback mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/p4-feedback


_______________________________________________
p4-feedback mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/p4-feedback
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[resolved] Re: manchester syntax for individuals

yannischris
Thanks a lot!
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: manchester syntax for individuals

Alan Ruttenberg-2
In reply to this post by yannischris
If you are working in protege, use the individuals tab, which then lets you assert type (with widget) similarly to the way superclass is done, and then has a view in which you can add properties and values. 

View saved as Manchester syntax for how you would write it as text. 

-Alan

On Monday, June 10, 2013, yannischris wrote:
Hello,
I haven't managed to find anything about how we express things about OWL
individuals in Manchester syntax.
Specifically about class and object assertions. E.g. how do we say:

- "person1 is-an-instance-of-class Person"
- "person1 hasFather person2"
- "person1 hasAge 23"

where person1, person2 are individuals, hasFather is an object property &
hasAge is a datatype property.
Thanks



--
View this message in context: http://protege-ontology-editor-knowledge-acquisition-system.136.n4.nabble.com/manchester-syntax-for-individuals-tp4658144.html
Sent from the Protege-OWL 4.x Support mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
_______________________________________________
p4-feedback mailing list
<a href="javascript:;" onclick="_e(event, &#39;cvml&#39;, &#39;p4-feedback@lists.stanford.edu&#39;)">p4-feedback@...
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/p4-feedback

_______________________________________________
p4-feedback mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/p4-feedback
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: manchester syntax for individuals

yannischris
Hi Alan,
What you mention is extremely convenient! But when you say "View saved as Manchester syntax" do you refer to how the assertions appear in the "Individuals" tab (especially in "Usage" sub-tab or by pressing the "@" button) or to how it is saved e.g. in the owl file?
For example, is "person1 Type Person" is actually considered to be Manchester syntax?!
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: manchester syntax for individuals

Alan Ruttenberg-2


On Monday, June 10, 2013, yannischris wrote:
Hi Alan,
What you mention is extremely convenient! But when you say "View saved as
Manchester syntax" do you refer to how the assertions appear in the
"Individuals" tab (especially in "Usage" sub-tab or by pressing the "@"
button) or to how it is saved e.g. in the owl file?

How it is saved in the file. I don't recall to what extent what's said in protégé matches  the Manchester syntax. I'd do it myself but am traveling and occupied. One thing at least is that the labels are not used in real Manchester syntax. 
 
For example, is "person1 Type Person" is actually considered to be
Manchester syntax?!



--
View this message in context: http://protege-ontology-editor-knowledge-acquisition-system.136.n4.nabble.com/manchester-syntax-for-individuals-tp4658144p4658149.html
Sent from the Protege-OWL 4.x Support mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
_______________________________________________
p4-feedback mailing list
<a href="javascript:;" onclick="_e(event, &#39;cvml&#39;, &#39;p4-feedback@lists.stanford.edu&#39;)">p4-feedback@...
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/p4-feedback

_______________________________________________
p4-feedback mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/p4-feedback
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: manchester syntax for individuals

yannischris
Hi Allan,
I checked the saved owl file, and it seems that the format is xml, e.g.:

    <owl:NamedIndividual rdf:about="&ProductionComplexity;steadicam">
        <rdf:type rdf:resource="&ProductionComplexity;Steadicam"/>
    </owl:NamedIndividual>

So, how can I see the Manchester format? Maybe by choosing another save format?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: manchester syntax for individuals

jsluka
In reply to this post by yannischris
In P4 you can "Save as..." then select the format "Manchester OWL syntax".

You can also add a view to a tab to show the Manchester rendering.
Menus: "Window", "Views", Misc Views", "Manchester Syntax Entity
Rendering" and "Window", "Views", "Ontology Views", "Manchester Syntax
Rendering".

>
> Hi Allan,
> I checked the saved owl file, and it seems that the format is xml, e.g.:
>
>    <owl:NamedIndividual rdf:about="&ProductionComplexity;steadicam">
>        <rdf:type rdf:resource="&ProductionComplexity;Steadicam"/>
>    </owl:NamedIndividual>
>
> So, how can I see the Manchester format? Maybe by choosing another save
> format?
>
>


_______________________________________________
p4-feedback mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/p4-feedback
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: manchester syntax for individuals

yannischris
That's great! Thnx!