matching entities in Protege

jody
Hi --
    I am trying to determine the suitability of the Protege tool for matching two (or more) separate sets of entities, each of which has already been modeled using the same ontology for relationships within the set.

   That is to say, within set A, we will have established the relationships between entity A.1 and A.2, between A.3 and A.1, and so forth -- and within set B, we will have established the relationships between entity B.1 and B.4, between B.2 and B.3 and so forth.

   Then I would like to bring both sets together and start using the same ontology to define relationships between A.1 and B.2, between A.4 and B.1, and so forth.

   Is Protege well-suited for this type of work?  If not, can you recommend tools that are?

Thank you very much!

--jody

Re: matching entities in Protege

Ghislain ATEMEZING
Hi Jody,
IMHO, a tool like LogMap here [1] can help for ontology matching. Again, if you can browse on Protege plugins catalog to find any ontology matching plugin, that could also help.
A Web interface of LogMap is available also here http://csu6325.cs.ox.ac.uk/logmap/

HTH
Brst,
Ghislain

El mié., 18 abr. 2018 a las 13:59, jody (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
Hi --
    I am trying to determine the suitability of the Protege tool for matching two (or more) separate sets of entities, each of which has already been modeled using the same ontology for relationships within the set.

   That is to say, within set A, we will have established the relationships between entity A.1 and A.2, between A.3 and A.1, and so forth -- and within set B, we will have established the relationships between entity B.1 and B.4, between B.2 and B.3 and so forth.

   Then I would like to bring both sets together and start using the same ontology to define relationships between A.1 and B.2, between A.4 and B.1, and so forth.

   Is Protege well-suited for this type of work?  If not, can you recommend tools that are?

Thank you very much!

--jody
"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none" (W. Shakespeare)
Web: http://atemezing.org