medical knowledge graph architect position

medical knowledge graph architect position

Mark Longo
Hi All,

We have an open position at Sirona Medical for a knowledge graph architect. Please contact me at [hidden email] if you'd like more information.

Best,
Mark

Biomedical Knowledge Graph Architect

Sirona’s mission is to make the highest quality healthcare available to everyone. We’re building a diagnostic engine that learns from and empowers the world’s most accurate radiologists–but enabling diagnosticians is just the beginning. Through our end-to-end workflow, we’re working to improve the quality and efficiency of the entire episode of care, simplifying the process of medicine and allowing doctors to focus on patients. We are interdisciplinary thinkers who are passionate about technology and medicine, and believe in the power of technology to protect and preserve human life. We’re in stealth mode and we’re hiring.

Biomedical knowledge graph architects at Sirona are responsible for the clinical language representations that contribute to the technical foundations of our product. Knowledge architects define our clinical language data models, designing, implementing, testing and managing biomedical lexicons and ontologies. These knowledge resources will serve to both codify our medical understanding and to power our natural language processing (NLP) pipelines. Ideal candidates will be experienced with semantic data modeling/knowledge graphs, will be familiar with modern natural language processing techniques, and will have a strong interest in medicine.

Requirements

  • Advanced degree focused on knowledge representation, biomedical informatics or computational linguistics or similar practical experience in an industrial or research setting

  • Experience implementing ontologies/knowledge graphs

  • Understanding of a programming language such as Python, including fundamental software engineering principles and NLP/machine learning design patterns

  • Proficiency with RDF(S), OWL, SPARQL or similar technologies

Preferred

  • PhD in a related field or equivalent work experience

  • Clinical experience (MD/DO, NP, PA, RN, PharmD, lab tech)

  • Experience using ontologies and controlled vocabularies to support data integration, analytics and natural language processing (NLP)

  • Interest in radiology, particularly musculoskeletal anatomy and related pathologies

Responsibilities

  • Build out Sirona’s clinical knowledge graph:

    • Lead the design and development of Sirona’s radiology-related ontologies and controlled vocabularies

    • Work with the data science and engineering team to integrate customer data into our knowledge models and data stores

    • Work with our NLP team to leverage knowledge models for natural language understanding and generation

  • Serve as a subject matter expert in industry standard terminologies within the organization

  • Ensure that terminologies and ontologies provide adequate domain coverage and are compatible with relevant healthcare interoperability standards

  • Analyze internal and external ontologies and related technologies and assess their fit for purpose

  • Identify and build working relationships and partnerships with external collaborators, system vendors, and semantic system users

Benefits

  • Stock

  • Competitive salaries

  • Paid time off

  • Medical insurance

  • 401(k)

  • Apple equipment

  • Dedicated research computing resources

  • Catered lunches and team events

Sponsorship for conferences

--
Mark D. Longo, Ph.D.  |  Head of Data Science
Sirona Medical