merge/slice

alexandergarciacastrobalu
Does protege 5 has any kind of merge/slice tool?

I need to take from ontology A just a part and bring it over ontology B, this what I call merge/slice.

I can import the whole ontology but I cant just bring some specific classes from onto A into onto B.

Re: merge/slice

Balhoff, James Patrick
You may be interested in some of the command line options available in ROBOT, like extract (http://robot.obolibrary.org/extract) or filter (http://robot.obolibrary.org/filter). ROBOT uses the same underlying OWL API as Protege.

Best regards,
Jim

> On Dec 18, 2018, at 8:12 AM, alexander garcia <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Does protege 5 has any kind of merge/slice tool?
>
> I need to take from ontology A just a part and bring it over ontology B, this what I call merge/slice.
>
> I can import the whole ontology but I cant just bring some specific classes from onto A into onto B.

Re: merge/slice

Balhoff, James Patrick
Oh, I also meant to mention there is a function in Protege under the Refactor menu: "Copy/move/delete axioms” which may do some of what you want. Didn’t meant to only plug ROBOT! They are complementary.