metaclasses doubt

Carmen Martinez Cruz

Hello,

I am developing an oontology that uses metaclases, and my problem arise when I
try to establish a subclass relation between two metaclasses. When I instance
this two metaclasses, the relation dissapear and the instances, now classes in
my ontology are both subclasses of owl:thing (are in the same level of the
hierarchy). Then how can I establish a subclass relation in the classes
generated from my metaclasses?

Thanks,

Carmen

Re: metaclasses doubt

Bohms, H.M. (Michel)
I have exactly the same scenario: as an extra I dragged the one
generated class under the other ! which seems to work.

Cheers Michel

H.M. (Michel) Bohms
Senior Consultant Construction Innovation
TNO Built Environment and Geosciences
Email:  [hidden email]
Phone:  +31 15 276 3107
Fax:    +31 15 276 3024

Visiting Address:
Van Mourik Broekmanweg 6
2628 XE Delft
The Netherlands

Postal Address:
P.O. Box 49
2600 AA  Delft
The Netherlands

http://www.tno.nl

The disclaimer that applies to e-mail from TNO Built Environment and Geosciences can be found on http://www.tno.nl/disclaimer/email.html

Re: metaclasses doubt

Nick Drummond
Carmen,

The subclass relation you add is only between the metaclasses, and does
not get handed down to the classes themselves.
What subclass relation are you expecting to get on you classes
(instances of your metaclasses)?
Following your instructions, I have the following:

owl:Thing
    rdfs:Class
       owl:Class
          metaClass1
             metaClass2
    Class1
    Class2

This just means that
    metaClass2 is a subclass of metaClass1
    Class1 has type metaClass1
    Class2 has type metaClass2
    There is no subclass relation between Class2 and Class1

Nick

Carmen Martinez Cruz wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am developing an oontology that uses metaclases, and my problem arise when I
>try to establish a subclass relation between two metaclasses. When I instance
>this two metaclasses, the relation dissapear and the instances, now classes in
>my ontology are both subclasses of owl:thing (are in the same level of the
>hierarchy). Then how can I establish a subclass relation in the classes
>generated from my metaclasses?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Carmen

Nick Drummond