no labels or names in the class navigator in P4

no labels or names in the class navigator in P4

Elmar Drewitz

Hello,

I do not succeed in seeing the labels or names of classes or entities in P4, neither for ontologies created with P3 or other ontology editors nor created with P4 itself. (P4 build 113):

In addition, ontologies created with P4 are not readable by other ontology editors.

I tried all the rendering options but got no results. Note: I use VISTA.

Hope somebody can help me as I would like to prefer P4 due to its many useful plugins.

Best,

Elmar Drewitz

DrewITz Consulting

mobil +49(172)8213437, skype: edrewitz

e-mail [hidden email]

Re: no labels or names in the class navigator in P4

Timothy Redmond

This is odd - I haven't seen anything like this yet.  There is something
that you might try.  If the Protege preferences are messed  up you can
delete them.  I found a tool on the web [1] that allows you to edit your
java preferences.  You will easily see the protege specific preferences
and they are even somewhat readable with this tool.

Also perhaps this is related to a look and feel issue but I figure you
have already tried the other look and feel settings (Window->Look &
Feel).

-Timothy

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/jpui/

On Thu, 2009-08-13 at 10:25 +0200, Elmar Drewitz wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I do not succeed in seeing the labels or names of classes or entities
> in P4, neither for ontologies created with P3 or other ontology
> editors nor created with P4 itself. (P4 build 113):
>

> In addition, ontologies created with P4 are not readable by other
> ontology editors.
>

> I tried all the rendering options but got no results. Note: I use
> VISTA.
>

> Hope somebody can help me as I would like to prefer P4 due to its many
> useful plugins.
>

> Best,
>

> Elmar Drewitz
>

> DrewITz Consulting
>
> mobil +49(172)8213437, skype: edrewitz
>
> e-mail [hidden email]

Re: no labels or names in the class navigator in P4

Elmar Drewitz

Thanks Timothy,

a nice tool, but I have no idea which parameter(s) could be wrong. I selected some details:

Perhaps there is a disturbance because I have installed both P3.4 and P4? Each with its own java environment (as other java based applications too).

The structure of plugins is quite different I noticed. The reason why I installed P4 is mainly because I was interested in the ACE plugins.

Perhaps you can give me one more advice.

Best,

Elmar Drewitz

DrewITz Consulting

Platanenstraße 16 A

D-81377 München

Tel./Fax fest +49(89)74141177

mobil +49(172)8213437, skype: edrewitz

e-mail [hidden email]

This is odd - I haven't seen anything like this yet.  There is something

that you might try.  If the Protege preferences are messed  up you can

delete them.  I found a tool on the web [1] that allows you to edit your

java preferences.  You will easily see the protege specific preferences

and they are even somewhat readable with this tool.

Also perhaps this is related to a look and feel issue but I figure you

have already tried the other look and feel settings (Window->Look &

Feel).

-Timothy

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/jpui/

On Thu, 2009-08-13 at 10:25 +0200, Elmar Drewitz wrote:

> Hello,

> I do not succeed in seeing the labels or names of classes or entities

> in P4, neither for ontologies created with P3 or other ontology

> editors nor created with P4 itself. (P4 build 113):

> In addition, ontologies created with P4 are not readable by other

> ontology editors.

> I tried all the rendering options but got no results. Note: I use

> VISTA.

> Hope somebody can help me as I would like to prefer P4 due to its many

> useful plugins.

> Best,

> Elmar Drewitz

> DrewITz Consulting

> mobil +49(172)8213437, skype: edrewitz

> e-mail [hidden email]

Re: no labels or names in the class navigator in P4

Nick Drummond
Hi Elmar,

Actually I've seen this behaviour before when the font gets set to
something weird.
Try going to File | Preferences | Renderer and change the font to
Arial or Dialog or something you know is installed on your machine.

Cheers

Nick

2009/8/14 Elmar Drewitz <[hidden email]>:

> Thanks Timothy,
>

> a nice tool, but I have no idea which parameter(s) could be wrong. I
> selected some details:
>

> Perhaps there is a disturbance because I have installed both P3.4 and P4?
> Each with its own java environment (as other java based applications too).
>

> The structure of plugins is quite different I noticed. The reason why I
> installed P4 is mainly because I was interested in the ACE plugins.
>

> Perhaps you can give me one more advice.
>

> Best,
>

> Elmar Drewitz
>

> DrewITz Consulting
>
> Platanenstraße 16 A