(no subject)

G. Jabbour
Hello, I keep getting referred to the tutorials but I have done that.  I
haven't been able to find out how to create a data model....a graphical
representation of classes...etc.  Here is what I have down loaded as
plugins...Please let me know if I am missing something.  Thanks.

 How do I create a data model using Protege?  I have done a full download of
Protege and downloaded all the plug ins...I still don't see how I can create
a data model in a diagram format?  Thanks.

CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl - OWL Plugin
CONFIG: Loaded plugin ca.uvic.cs.chisel.jambalaya - Jambalaya
CONFIG: Loaded plugin dfki.protege.ontoviz
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protege.script - Script Plugin
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.standard_extensions - Graph
Widg
et, Table Widget
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protege.stringsearch - String Search
Tab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.pal_tabs - PAL Tabs
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.ezpal - EZPal Tab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.facets_tab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.instance_tree
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.prompt - PROMPT tab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.psm - PSM Librarian
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.rdf_backend - RDF Backend
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.umls_tab - UMLS Tab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.wordnet - WordNet Tab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.stanford.smi.protegex.xml_tab - XML Tab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin edu.washington.datagenie
CONFIG: Loaded plugin JessTab - JessTab Plugin
CONFIG: Loaded plugin org.algernon - Algernon
CONFIG: Loaded plugin uk.ac.ecs.iam.akt.tgviztab - TGVizTab
CONFIG: Loaded plugin uk.ac.man.cs.mig.coode.owldoc
CONFIG: Loaded plugin uk.ac.man.cs.mig.coode.owlviz
CONFIG: Loaded plugin uk.ac.man.cs.mig.coode.protege.wizard - Basic Wizards
CONFIG: Loaded plugin uk.ac.man.cs.mig.coode.protege.wizard.owl - OWL
Wizards
CONFIG: Loaded plugin __MACOSX

Re: [protege-discussion]

Tania Tudorache

It seems that you are addressing two different problems: 1. creating an
ontology and 2. editing graphically  an ontology.

In order to do 2 you should know how to do 1. We have on our website a
guide to creating your first ontology.

The graphical plugin that we have allow you to visualize the ontology,
rather than editing them. You can look at the graph widget which has
also some editing capabilities:
http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/tutorial/graph_widget/

Another way would be to create your ontology in an UML editor (like
Poseidon) and then import the UML diagram into Protege using the UML
Import: http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?UMLBackend

Tania