(no subject)

Selvanayaki M.
hi

i have the error java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: actualValueType

i changed the Xerces 2.6.1.but i am getting this same error .plz help me
to solve

cheers,
selva

Re: [protege-discussion]

Tania Tudorache

Selva,

I am not sure what you are talking about. Can you give more details
about the problem?

The error message that you get appears usually when you try to open a
pprj file that was saved with a later version of Protege. For example,
if you saved your project in Protege 3.2 and then you try to open it in
Protege 3.1, you might get this message. In this case, try rebuilding
the project file, by selecting from the "File" menu, "New" and enable
the "Create from existing sources.." checkbox and follow the wizard steps.

Tania

Selvanayaki M. wrote:

>hi
>
>i have the error java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: actualValueType
>
>i changed the Xerces 2.6.1.but i am getting this same error .plz help me
>to solve
>

>cheers,
>selva

Re: [protege-discussion]

Selvanayaki M.
hi,

  i am using to create classes,individuals using protege OWL.i wrote one
java program and i include
xercesImpl.jar,xml-apis.jar,xmlParserAPIs.jar,protege-owl.jar,icu4j.jar,jakarta-oro-2.0.5.jar,commons-logging.jar
and i use import statements.that java program works good.it creates class
and individuals.but when i connect that java program to jsp it shows

java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: actualValueType  error. some guys told  this
is almost always due to using the wrong version of the Xerces library.
Jena makes use of XML Schema support that changed at Xerces 2.6.0 and is
not compatible with earlier versions. At the time of writing Jena ships
with Xerces 2.6.1.

so i changed the Xerces version 2.6.0 to 2.6.1.but again i am getting the
same  error.plz provide a solution to my problem.

cheers,
selva

On Tue, May 30, 2006, Tania Tudorache <[hidden email]> said:

> Selva,
>
> I am not sure what you are talking about. Can you give more details
> about the problem?
>
> The error message that you get appears usually when you try to open a
> pprj file that was saved with a later version of Protege. For example,
> if you saved your project in Protege 3.2 and then you try to open it in
> Protege 3.1, you might get this message. In this case, try rebuilding
> the project file, by selecting from the "File" menu, "New" and enable
> the "Create from existing sources.." checkbox and follow the wizard steps.
>
> Tania
>
> Selvanayaki M. wrote:
>
>>hi
>>
>>i have the error java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: actualValueType
>>
>>i changed the Xerces 2.6.1.but i am getting this same error .plz help me
>>to solve
>>

>>cheers,
>>selva

Re: [protege-discussion]

Tania Tudorache

Selva,

this seems to be a Jena problem and it is documented on the Jena
website: http://jena.sourceforge.net/jena-faq.html#general-1

If you are using protege 3.2, please note that it requires Java 1.5.

Please ask in future OWL related questions on the OWL mailing list.

Thanks,
Tania

Selvanayaki M. wrote:

>hi,
>
>  i am using to create classes,individuals using protege OWL.i wrote one
>java program and i include
>xercesImpl.jar,xml-apis.jar,xmlParserAPIs.jar,protege-owl.jar,icu4j.jar,jakarta-oro-2.0.5.jar,commons-logging.jar
>and i use import statements.that java program works good.it creates class
>and individuals.but when i connect that java program to jsp it shows
>
>java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: actualValueType  error. some guys told  this
>is almost always due to using the wrong version of the Xerces library.
>Jena makes use of XML Schema support that changed at Xerces 2.6.0 and is
>not compatible with earlier versions. At the time of writing Jena ships
>with Xerces 2.6.1.
>
>so i changed the Xerces version 2.6.0 to 2.6.1.but again i am getting the
>same  error.plz provide a solution to my problem.
>

>cheers,
>selva
>

>On Tue, May 30, 2006, Tania Tudorache <[hidden email]> said:
>

>>Selva,
>>
>>I am not sure what you are talking about. Can you give more details
>>about the problem?
>>
>>The error message that you get appears usually when you try to open a
>>pprj file that was saved with a later version of Protege. For example,
>>if you saved your project in Protege 3.2 and then you try to open it in
>>Protege 3.1, you might get this message. In this case, try rebuilding
>>the project file, by selecting from the "File" menu, "New" and enable
>>the "Create from existing sources.." checkbox and follow the wizard steps.
>>
>>Tania
>>
>>Selvanayaki M. wrote:
>>

>>>hi
>>>
>>>i have the error java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: actualValueType
>>>
>>>i changed the Xerces 2.6.1.but i am getting this same error .plz help me
>>>to solve
>>>

>>>cheers,
>>>selva

Re: [protege-discussion]

Tania Tudorache

You find the solution here:

http://lists.mindswap.org/pipermail/owl-s/2004-July/000016.html

Tania

Selvanayaki M. wrote:

>hi,
>
>  i am using to create classes,individuals using protege OWL.i wrote one
>java program and i include
>xercesImpl.jar,xml-apis.jar,xmlParserAPIs.jar,protege-owl.jar,icu4j.jar,jakarta-oro-2.0.5.jar,commons-logging.jar
>and i use import statements.that java program works good.it creates class
>and individuals.but when i connect that java program to jsp it shows
>
>java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: actualValueType  error. some guys told  this
>is almost always due to using the wrong version of the Xerces library.
>Jena makes use of XML Schema support that changed at Xerces 2.6.0 and is
>not compatible with earlier versions. At the time of writing Jena ships
>with Xerces 2.6.1.
>
>so i changed the Xerces version 2.6.0 to 2.6.1.but again i am getting the
>same  error.plz provide a solution to my problem.
>

>cheers,
>selva
>

>On Tue, May 30, 2006, Tania Tudorache <[hidden email]> said:
>

>>Selva,
>>
>>I am not sure what you are talking about. Can you give more details
>>about the problem?
>>
>>The error message that you get appears usually when you try to open a
>>pprj file that was saved with a later version of Protege. For example,
>>if you saved your project in Protege 3.2 and then you try to open it in
>>Protege 3.1, you might get this message. In this case, try rebuilding
>>the project file, by selecting from the "File" menu, "New" and enable
>>the "Create from existing sources.." checkbox and follow the wizard steps.
>>
>>Tania
>>
>>Selvanayaki M. wrote:
>>

>>>hi
>>>
>>>i have the error java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: actualValueType
>>>
>>>i changed the Xerces 2.6.1.but i am getting this same error .plz help me
>>>to solve
>>>

>>>cheers,
>>>selva

punctuation

vincent aupetit

hi all,

another time a question for everyone could help me: i would like to create
anindividual like that

R:\Maintenance Calculateurs\NH\04_PARA\C10\PC Suivi Produit C10
(STPC0)\STPC0_D_Disponibilité

to export exactly the file access without changing it but protégé forbids me
"\", "(" etc etc...

is there a way to do that creating the individual or maybe before exporting
the html pages???

my aim is to export directly with the right punctuation

R:\Maintenance Calculateurs\NH\04_PARA\C10\PC Suivi Produit C10
(STPC0)\STPC0_D_Disponibilité

Cheers

Vincent AUPETIT

Training Technical Writer on Alcan Specialty Sheet,

site de Neuf-Brisach ZIP rhénane Nord 68600 Biesheim, FRANCE.

cel: 06 17 80 19 90

chabat'z d'entra...

http://www.letrasdeagua.net/poemas/paz/pazsol_01.html[1]