(no subject)

SASAKI Takashi
[This message was posted to protege-discussion first.]
[That was wrong ml, so I post it protege-owl again.  ]

Hi all,

I have a trouble with IRI vocabularies
when reasoning with FaCT++ .

I use FaCT++ 1.1.3 as a reasoner.
http://owl.man.ac.uk/factplusplus/
What I use is prebuilt binary for Windows.

When I use the pizza ontology as an example,
everything seems to work well.
http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/owl/api/ReasonerAPIExamples.html
http://www.co-ode.org/ontologies/pizza/pizza_20041007.owl

But when I use non-ascii characters (Japanese)
for class names (see NonAscii.png), FaCT++ console shows
UTFDataFormatException (see FaCT.png). As a result, Protege
shows "DIG Reasoner Error" (see Protege.png).

Is including non-ascii characters for class name not allowed ?
In other words, doesn't http://example.com/test#NONASCIIUTF8STRING
works well ? I always use UTF-8 encoding (it's default in Protege)
and Protege generates correct UTF-8 encoded XML document into
myontology.owl . Moreover [Code]->[Show DIG Code] seems to show
correct UTF-8 encoded XML document except font, that is, I can
read these white boxed characters (see ShowDIGCode.png) when I
copy and paste to notepad.exe.

Could anyone tell me what is wrong with my operation ?

I apology for attaching some pictures in advance.
They have increased the size of this message.

Thanks,
Takashi SASAKI

email: [hidden email]
email: [hidden email]

NonAscii.png (11K) Download Attachment
Protege.png (10K) Download Attachment
ShowDIGCode.png (7K) Download Attachment
FaCT.png (7K) Download Attachment

[protege-owl] Re: (no subject)

Hai Wang
Hi SASAKI,
You may try some other reasoners like Pellet,  which support unicode
class name. However, there is a known bug for the current version of
Protege-OWL, the inference result may not be correctly presented if
the class name is not english.

Cheers
Hai