(no subject)

enrico-7
hello,
I have a class A. and a class B with two subclasses B1 and B2,
A can have a relationship with B1 or with B2 but not with both. how can I do?

thanks

[protege-owl] Re: (no subject)

martinnec
"A can have a relationship R with B1 or with B2 but not both" can be specified by the following constraint on the class A:

[not(exists R B1)] union [not(exists R B2)]

On 2/1/06, enrico <[hidden email]> wrote:
hello,
I have a class A. and a class B with two subclasses B1 and B2,
A can have a relationship with B1 or with B2 but not with both. how can I do?

thanks

[protege-owl] Re: (no subject)

Hai Wang
How about add the following  conditions to A?

(P some B1   or P some B2 )and
not (P some B1 and P some B2)

Regards
Hai

On 1 Feb 2006, at 11:04, enrico wrote:

> hello,
> I have a class A. and a class B with two subclasses B1 and B2,
> A can have a relationship with B1 or with B2 but not with both. how
> can I do?
>
> thanks

> subscribe.html

Regards
Hai

Research Associate
Department of Computer Science
Kilburn Building
University of Manchester
Oxford Road
Manchester M13 9PL
UK
Homepage: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~hwang

[protege-owl] Re: (no subject)

Hai Wang

On 1 Feb 2006, at 21:55, Martin Necasky wrote:

> "A can have a relationship R with B1 or with B2 but not both" can
> be specified by the following constraint on the class A:
>
> [not(exists R B1)] union [not(exists R B2)]

This could include those instances with no relationship R  with B1 or
B2 at all.

> On 2/1/06, enrico <[hidden email]> wrote: hello,
> I have a class A. and a class B with two subclasses B1 and B2,
> A can have a relationship with B1 or with B2 but not with both. how
> can I do?
>
> thanks

> subscribe.html

Regards
Hai

Research Associate
Department of Computer Science
Kilburn Building
University of Manchester
Oxford Road
Manchester M13 9PL
UK
Homepage: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~hwang

[protege-owl] Re: (anser to your question)

leila yahiaoui
look enrico
you have 2 subclasses of B (B1  and B2) and A should have a relation with only one subclasse so
you should create B1 and B2 as sibclasses of B but disjouint (it's a constraint that you can add ) then you create a role between a and B then add a constraint on the range of this role ( range shoul be in B1 union B2 ) .
good luck
if you dont understand i am here to help you
leila

Nouveau : téléphonez moins cher avec Yahoo! Messenger ! Découvez les tarifs exceptionnels pour appeler la France et l'international. Téléchargez la version beta.