ontop ODBAModel with multiple data source

ontop ODBAModel with multiple data source

Rian
Hi Everyone.
Let me introduce my self, my name is Rian.

I try to implement OBDA using Ontop-protege for my task, and have problem to
connect with multiple data source for ODBAModel.

I try to found the way to connect with multiple data source, and found this
article from ontop wiki
<http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/file/t376665/ontop.png>

Article above explained that An OBDA model must include one and only one
data source.

The question is, is it possible for us to connect to multiple data source?
if it's possible, could you please tell me how the way to connect with
multiple data source?

Thank You :)

--
Sent from: http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/Protege-Developer-f4659816.html

Re: ontop ODBAModel with multiple data source

Hi Rian,

While OBDA in principle supports multiple data sources Ontop supports just a single data source (as far as I can tell).  If I’m wrong I hope one of the Ontop team will correct me.

> On 18 Oct 2017, at 23:58, Rian <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Everyone.
> Let me introduce my self, my name is Rian.
>
> I try to implement OBDA using Ontop-protege for my task, and have problem to
> connect with multiple data source for ODBAModel.
>
> I try to found the way to connect with multiple data source, and found this
> article from ontop wiki
> <http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/file/t376665/ontop.png>
>
> Article above explained that An OBDA model must include one and only one
> data source.
>
> The question is, is it possible for us to connect to multiple data source?
> if it's possible, could you please tell me how the way to connect with
> multiple data source?
>
> Thank You :)
>

> --
> Sent from: http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/Protege-Developer-f4659816.html

Re: ontop ODBAModel with multiple data source

ricardoMT
Hi Rian

In case you don´t know yet, there is a good tutorial at https://github.com/ontop/ontop/wiki/Easy-Tutorial%3A-Using-Ontop-from-Protege

Cheers

Saudações
Ricardo Taques

[...]

Csongor Nyulas
At a presentation given by one of the ontop developers when the same
question was asked, the presenter said that there are solutions that
integrate multiple SQL databases and provide a single entry point for
SQL queries.

I don't remember the tool that he gave as an example, but here is what I
found with a quick google query for virtual databases, which seem relevant:
http://searchoracle.techtarget.com/definition/virtual-federated-database
http://teiid.jboss.org/basics/virtualdatabases/
http://www.unityjdbc.com/doc/multiple/multiplequery.php

Once you get a virtual/federated database set up, your ontop plug-in can
work with that as it would be a single data source.

Csongor

On 10/19/2017 09:54 AM, Matthew Horridge wrote:

> Hi Rian,
>
> While OBDA in principle supports multiple data sources Ontop supports just a single data source (as far as I can tell).  If I’m wrong I hope one of the Ontop team will correct me.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Matthew
>

>> On 18 Oct 2017, at 23:58, Rian <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Everyone.
>> Let me introduce my self, my name is Rian.
>>
>> I try to implement OBDA using Ontop-protege for my task, and have problem to
>> connect with multiple data source for ODBAModel.
>>
>> I try to found the way to connect with multiple data source, and found this
>> article from ontop wiki
>> <http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/file/t376665/ontop.png>
>>
>> Article above explained that An OBDA model must include one and only one
>> data source.
>>
>> The question is, is it possible for us to connect to multiple data source?
>> if it's possible, could you please tell me how the way to connect with
>> multiple data source?
>>
>> Thank You :)
>>

>> --
>> Sent from: http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/Protege-Developer-f4659816.html

Re: ontop ODBAModel with multiple data source

Csongor Nyulas
Although this is unrelated to the original question, here are two more good tutorials worth looking at:
https://www.slideshare.net/marianomx/ontop-a-tutorial
https://github.com/protegeproject/ontop-tutorial/wiki/Grocery-Tutorial

Csongor

On 10/19/2017 10:57 AM, Ricardo Taques wrote:
[...]

Josef Hardi
Hi!
Check this tutorial about federation from the ontop dev site —> https://github.com/ontop/ontop/wiki/ObdalibDataIntegration

/Josef

On Oct 19, 2017, at 9:54 AM, Matthew Horridge <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hi  Matthew
The requirement is to implement OBDA for multiple data sources, so if ontop
only support just a single data source, is there any other OBDA tools
besides ontop?

Thanks

--
Sent from: http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/Protege-Developer-f4659816.html

Re: ontop ODBAModel with multiple data source

Csongor Nyulas
Administrator
Hi Rian,

Have you seen Josef's answer, as well as mine?

Have you tried Google to find other OBDA tools?

AFAIK, Ontop is the only OBDA framework that provides a Protege plug-in.

Csongor