opening an OWL written with Protege

zze-SIA Jamal RD-BIZZ-SOP
Hi all,
I am seriously wondering.
Why is it that I can't open a file that I had previously exported using
Protege. I started writing an ontology using Protege and exported it in
OWL. It all seemed to be all right. But when i tried to reopen it with
Protege it always fails, saying :
Unable to load file: file:/C:/Program%20Files/Protege_3.2_beta/cos1.owl
Possible reasons:
- The file has an unsupported file format
- The file is not well-formed
- The project file is corrupt

Did anyone encounter such a problem?

Thanks,

Jamal

Re: opening an OWL written with Protege

Nick Drummond
Jamal,

What version of Protege are you using. Was the original file a frames
(pont) ontology?
Looks like its treating the owl file as a project file.
If 3.1.1, you need to create a new OWL project and then tick "from
existing sources" to select the ontology source.
If 3.2, you should be able to just open the owl file - if not send it
to me - it could be the export or it could be Protege OWL.

Nick

On 10 May 2006, at 08:53, zze-SIA Jamal RD-BIZZ-SOP wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am seriously wondering.
> Why is it that I can't open a file that I had previously exported
> using
> Protege. I started writing an ontology using Protege and exported
> it in
> OWL. It all seemed to be all right. But when i tried to reopen it with
> Protege it always fails, saying :
> Unable to load file: file:/C:/Program%20Files/Protege_3.2_beta/
> cos1.owl
> Possible reasons:
> - The file has an unsupported file format
> - The file is not well-formed
> - The project file is corrupt
>
> Did anyone encounter such a problem?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jamal

Re: opening an OWL written with Protege

zze-SIA Jamal RD-BIZZ-SOP
Nick,
Here is the file.  I don't know why it doesn't i am using 3.2 beta but it give the same message.

What version of Protege are you using. Was the original file a frames
(pont) ontology?
Looks like its treating the owl file as a project file.
If 3.1.1, you need to create a new OWL project and then tick "from existing sources" to select the ontology source.
If 3.2, you should be able to just open the owl file - if not send it to me - it could be the export or it could be Protege OWL.

Nick

On 10 May 2006, at 08:53, zze-SIA Jamal RD-BIZZ-SOP wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am seriously wondering.
> Why is it that I can't open a file that I had previously exported
> using Protege. I started writing an ontology using Protege and
> exported it in OWL. It all seemed to be all right. But when i tried to
> reopen it with Protege it always fails, saying :
> Unable to load file: file:/C:/Program%20Files/Protege_3.2_beta/
> cos1.owl
> Possible reasons:
> - The file has an unsupported file format
> - The file is not well-formed
> - The project file is corrupt
>
> Did anyone encounter such a problem?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jamal

cos1.owl (47K) Download Attachment

Creating an Annotation Property using Protégé-OWL API

Carlos S. Zamudio-2
Hi.
Does the Protégé-OWL Api support the creation of Annotation Propertis for an
OWL Model?  I can find the ability to create Datatype and Object properties
but no Annotation. Perhaps there is a different mechanism for this?  Thanks.
Carlos