owl:equivalentProperty

Rajverma

Hi List,

Please have a look at the attached owl ontology… My main aim is to first define two different object properties, and then relate them each other that they are equivalent… So I defined hasChild and hasKid as two different object properties… I have stated that the individuals Bill and Hillary, hasChild Chelsia…

Now if I do the classification and inference tests with a reasoner and then I query, for example with SPARQL, whether Bill (or Hillary) hasKid Chelsia, then I want to get the answer as Yes, because hasKid is equivalent to hasChild… Will I get a Yes or No for this query?

Before the query, first I want to know how to define this equivalence relation between two properties from the Protégé GUI, if at all it is possible to do so… After that, can some one good at SPARQL tell me how to write this small query…

Thanq,

Raj

family.owl (4K) Download Attachment

Re: owl:equivalentProperty

Boontawee Suntisrivaraporn
Hi Raj,

Couldn't you edit equivalent properties on the "PROPERTY EDITOR" pane? There is a little "Equivalents" tab with a list of equivalent properties you may add. You have to create both properties before though.

Cheers,
Meng