plugin development

Todd Detwiler-2

Let me start by saying that my team has been using Protégé 4.x for some time, largely due to the plugins that we are currently running. I am currently investigating the feasibility of migrating some of these plugins to Protégé 5.x. For 4.x I had a nice environment set up for plugin development in Eclipse, with breakpoint debugging, as described here:

https://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/CompileProtege4InEclipseFromSvn#Configuring_Eclipse

The above was made possible via Ant scripts deployed in the SVN source repo. It appears that, for Protégé 5.x, the code repo has moved to GIT and building and deployment are now handled by the Apache Felix plugin for Maven. There is a set of example plugins here:

https://github.com/protegeproject/protege-plugin-examples

In the above example, the instructions tell you to package your plugin and then copy and paste it to Protégé to run. My question is, how can I do breakpoint debugging using such a procedure? Is there an alternative way to setup the environment for debugging and, if so, is there any documentation of the procedure. I spent all day yesterday trying to sort this out, including a lot of web and mail archive searching, but have thus far missed the solution. If anyone has a working Protégé 5 plugin development environment, that supports debugging, could you please give me some pointers regarding configuration?

Thanks,

Todd

Re: plugin development

Yevgeny Kazakov
Dear Todd,

the following setup instructions may be of help:

Here are also instructions how to create a plugin from scratch using this setup:

But if your plugins are already configured in Eclipse (PDE), they might work already.

Best regards,

Yevgeny

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 12:41 AM, Todd Detwiler <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Thank you very much Yevgeny. I've gone through the PDE set-up without issues and am working through the plugin doc. So far so good.

Cheers,

Todd