plugin questions

xenia m
hi!
I'm developing a tab plugin for protege4. What I'd like to ask you is:
When I open my plugin I would like at the left side of the screen to appear the "Individuals byType" view. Now I can do this by the menu View -> IndinidualsView -> Individual by Type. How can this be loaded when I open my plugin? And when I  choose an individual from that list, is there any method to take it? I found a method to do this only for the clas hierarchy.
At last, is there any way to make a right-clik menu in Protege?

Thank very much in advance for your help.

Moving backwards??

Evain, Jean-Pierre

Hello,

I haven't used protégé for some time now but while preparing a presentation on SKOS, I realised that the reasoner doesn't deliver what it used to.

I am working on a hierarchical list of terms expressed in SKOS. In the past, after reasoning, the list of individuals would have been reorganised from a flat list to a hierarchical list with term Ids being replaced by preferred labels.  I thought this was a very easy way of explaining what happens and accessorily promote SKOS.

This no longer works.

You can try by yourself from this URI: http://www.ebu.ch/metadata/ontologies/skos/ebu_ContentGenreCS.skos.xml

Is there something wrong in the Kingdom of Denmark ? ;-)

Thanks in advance for any explanation / solution.

Best regards,

Jean-Pierre

************************************************** This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify the system manager. This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by the mailgateway **************************************************

Re: Moving backwards??

Simon Jupp
<base href="x-msg://152/">Hello Jean-Pierre,

Are you talking about standard Protege or the SKOS plugin for Protege? Protege 4 has never had any built in support for representation SKOS hierarchies, but you can view and edit them via the SKOSEd [1] plugin.

I just tried to load your SKOS file into Protege 4.0.2 and it renders fine in SKOSEd, you can also select to render along prefLabel property in the preferences menu.

Cheers
Simon

On 11 May 2010, at 09:50, Evain, Jean-Pierre wrote:

[...]

<base href="x-msg://152/">

HI That’s it.  Thanks a lot.

It was such a long time that I have completely bypassed the plugin.

Back on track.

Appreciate the reminder. Sorry for my mistake.

Regards,

Jean-Pierre

Re: Moving backwards??

Evain, Jean-Pierre
<base href="x-msg://152/">

Simon, all,

Following up on this.

I have taken the opportunity to upgrade to the new version of Protégé.

1/ 4.1 and Skosed - doesn't even accept to open my file

2/ 4.0.2 and Skosed - test 1 without updating fact ++, reasoner launches and application bugs/freezes - Test 2 updating fact++, nothing happens, reasoner doesn't launch

I am now trying to get back to 4.0 until somebody can help me with newer versions

Regards,

Jean-pierre

Re: Moving backwards??

Evain, Jean-Pierre
<base href="x-msg://152/">

Nouveau test.

Back to 4.0.  Fact++ original version doesn't launch

Fact ++ update -> protégé crashes.

Therefore I'll work with 4.0 + Pellet

Regards,

Jean-Pierre

Re: Moving backwards??

Simon Jupp
<base href="x-msg://152/">Hi Jean-pierre,

SKOSEd is not available for Protege 4.1, I plan to do a release when 4.1 moves out of alpha.

I tried classifying http://www.ebu.ch/metadata/ontologies/skos/ebu_ContentGenreCS.skos.xml with Fact++ on Protege 4.0.2 with no problems.

Cheers
Simon

On 12 May 2010, at 09:35, Evain, Jean-Pierre wrote:

Simon, all,

Following up on this.

I have taken the opportunity to upgrade to the new version of Protégé.

1/ 4.1 and Skosed - doesn't even accept to open my file
2/ 4.0.2 and Skosed - test 1 without updating fact ++, reasoner launches and application bugs/freezes - Test 2 updating fact++, nothing happens, reasoner doesn't launch

I am now trying to get back to 4.0 until somebody can help me with newer versions

Regards,

Jean-pierre

Re: Moving backwards??

Evain, Jean-Pierre
<base href="x-msg://152/">

Hi Simon,

Thanks for following up.

So let's try to solve the 4.0.2 issue.  In fact In am not the only one having the problem (I am trying to get the 'press and TV news communities using protégé).  I asked one colleague to install 4.0.2 and as he couldn't get Fact ++ working he reinstalled the Pellet plugin. I believe he has the 64 bit version installed.

When we use the version of fact++  (uk.ac.manchester.cs.owl.factplusplus-P4.0-v1.4.0.jar) , it says in the log file unsupportedclassversionerror followed by a long list of error messages.

Error 1 Logged at Wed May 12 16:57:17 CEST 2010

UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file

    java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)

    java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

    org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.defineClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:183)

    org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.defineClass(ClasspathManager.java:576)

    org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findClassImpl(ClasspathManager.java:546)

    org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClassImpl(ClasspathManager.java:477)

    org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass_LockClassLoader(ClasspathManager.java:465)

    org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:445)

    org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:211)

    org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:376)

    org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:452)

    org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:405)

    org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:393)

    org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:105)

    java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

    java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)

    uk.ac.manchester.cs.factplusplus.protege.FaCTPlusPlusReasonerFactory.createReasoner(FaCTPlusPlusReasonerFactory.java:43)

    org.protege.editor.owl.model.inference.OWLReasonerManagerImpl.createCurrentReasoner(OWLReasonerManagerImpl.java:201)

    org.protege.editor.owl.model.inference.OWLReasonerManagerImpl.setCurrentReasonerFactoryId(OWLReasonerManagerImpl.java:186)

    org.protege.editor.owl.model.OWLWorkspace$4.actionPerformed(OWLWorkspace.java:340)

    javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)

    javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)

    javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)

    javax.swing.JToggleButton$ToggleButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)

    javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)

    javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown Source)

    javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)

    java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

    javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

    java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)

    java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)

    java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

    java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

    java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

    java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

    java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

    java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

    java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

    java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

    java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

    java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

???

Does it ring a bell?

Thanks in advance,

Regards, Jean-Pierre

Re: Moving backwards??

Mariano Rodriguez-Muro
<base href="x-msg://152/">This has to do with JDK version, the classes are compiled for version X, while your installed
virtual machine is Y < X. Check on this direction, it can help.

Mariano Rodriguez Muro
KRDB Research Center
Faculty of Computer Science
Free University of Bozen-Bolzano (FUB)
Via della Mostra 4
I-39100 Bozen-Bolzano BZ, Italy

On May 12, 2010, at 5:03 PM, Evain, Jean-Pierre wrote:

[...]

Ok then I'll try another  version. I have actually installed the package with the JDK but it may effectively not be compatible with the  version of Fact ++ I am using??!!

Thanks for the hint.

JP

Re: Moving backwards??

Simon Jupp
<base href="x-msg://152/">Hi Jean-Pierre,

This is a Java 1.5 vs 1.6 issues. I have just spoken to Dmitry (sitting next to me) and he is compiling a new Fact++ for release later this week that should work. I will drop you an e-mail when it is released.

Cheers
Simon

On 12 May 2010, at 16:03, Evain, Jean-Pierre wrote:

[...]

Thanks a lot Simon, I appreciate it.

We are starting a long week-end here. I'll be quiet for some time.

All the best,

JP