problem with TabWidget plugin that calls Algernon

problem with TabWidget plugin that calls Algernon

Mauro Jansen

I'm creating a TabWidget plugin that will call Algernon to query and edit the
project in use. I initially created a simple TabWidget plugin with the
interface and it worked. When i inserted the code to call Algernon to
manipulate the project (following the Algernon java example), the plugin dosn't
appear in the projects option. It appers that it doesnt find the AlgernonKB
class. It doesnt apper error during compilation. I'm using last version of
Algernon (5.0.1) w/ Protege 3.0. The plugin name is GENMADE_plugin, and it
appear in the list of plugins below. Can you help me? The follow error appear
in the protege initializing window:

Protege 3.0 Build 62, JVM 1.4.2_03-b02, memory=249M, Windows 2000, encoding=UTF-
8, language=pt, country=BR
installed plugins:
Exception: PluginUtilities.isLoadableClass() failed
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/algernon/kb/AlgernonKB
        at edu.stanford.smi.protege.plugin.PluginUtilities.isLoadableClass(Unkno
wn Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protege.plugin.PluginUtilities.checkPlugin(Unknown S
ource)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protege.plugin.PluginUtilities.checkPlugins(Unknown
Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protege.plugin.PluginUtilities.processManifest(Unkno
wn Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protege.plugin.PluginUtilities.loadPluginsWithClassL
oader(Unknown Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protege.plugin.PluginUtilities.createClassLoaderAndL
oadPlugins(Unknown Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protege.plugin.PluginUtilities.loadPlugins(Unknown S
ource)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protege.plugin.PluginUtilities.loadLegacyPlugins(Unk
nown Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protege.plugin.PluginUtilities.loadPlugins(Unknown S
ource)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protege.plugin.PluginUtilities.init(Unknown Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protege.plugin.PluginUtilities.<clinit>(Unknown Sour
ce)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protege.util.SystemUtilities.init(Unknown Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protege.util.SystemUtilities.<clinit>(Unknown Source
)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protege.Application.initialize(Unknown Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protege.Application.main(Unknown Source)
java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:25)
        at com.zerog.lax.LAX.launch(DashoA8113)
        at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(DashoA8113)
    edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl - OWL Plugin
    ca.uvic.cs.chisel.jambalaya - Jambalaya
    dfki.protege.ontoviz
    edu.stanford.smi.protege.jot - JOT Plugin
    edu.stanford.smi.protegex.standard_extensions - Graph Widget, Table Widget
    edu.stanford.smi.protege.stringsearch - String Search Tab
    edu.stanford.smi.protegex.pal_tabs - PAL Tabs
    edu.stanford.smi.protegex.ezpal - EZPal Tab
    edu.stanford.smi.protegex.facets_tab
    edu.stanford.smi.protegex.instance_tree
    edu.stanford.smi.protegex.prompt - PROMPT tab
    edu.stanford.smi.protegex.psm - PSM Librarian
    edu.stanford.smi.protegex.rdf_backend - RDF Backend
    edu.stanford.smi.protegex.umls_tab - UMLS Tab
    edu.stanford.smi.protegex.wordnet - WordNet Tab
    edu.stanford.smi.protegex.xml_tab - XML Tab
    edu.washington.datagenie
    GENMADE_plugin
    kr.re.etri.ezowl
    org.algernon - Algernon
    uk.ac.ecs.iam.akt.tgviztab - TGVizTab
    uk.ac.man.cs.mig.coode.owlviz
    uk.ac.man.cs.mig.coode.owlwizard - OWL Wizard
Load time for null = 1 sec (project) + 4 sec (ui)

Re: problem with TabWidget plugin that calls Algernon

Jennifer Vendetti
Administrator

If you want to develop a plug-in that is dependent on the existence of
another plug-in, you need to specify this in your "plugin.properties"
file, which looks something like this:

plugin.dependency.count=2
plugin.dependency.0=edu.stanford.smi.protegex.standard_extensions
plugin.dependency.1=edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl

Please see more detailed documentation about this on our Web site:

http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/pdk/plugins/plugin_support_21.html

Jennifer

Mauro Jansen wrote:

>I'm creating a TabWidget plugin that will call Algernon to query and edit the
>project in use. I initially created a simple TabWidget plugin with the
>interface and it worked. When i inserted the code to call Algernon to
>manipulate the project (following the Algernon java example), the plugin dosn't
>appear in the projects option. It appers that it doesnt find the AlgernonKB
>class. It doesnt apper error during compilation. I'm using last version of
>Algernon (5.0.1) w/ Protege 3.0. The plugin name is GENMADE_plugin, and it
>appear in the list of plugins below. Can you help me? The follow error appear
>in the protege initializing window:
>
>Protege 3.0 Build 62, JVM 1.4.2_03-b02, memory=249M, Windows 2000, encoding=UTF-
>8, language=pt, country=BR
>installed plugins:
>Exception: PluginUtilities.isLoadableClass() failed
>java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/algernon/kb/AlgernonKB
>        at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
>        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:219)
>        at edu.stanford.smi.protege.plugin.PluginUtilities.isLoadableClass(Unkno
>wn Source)
>        at edu.stanford.smi.protege.plugin.PluginUtilities.checkPlugin(Unknown S
>ource)
>        at edu.stanford.smi.protege.plugin.PluginUtilities.checkPlugins(Unknown
>Source)
>        at edu.stanford.smi.protege.plugin.PluginUtilities.processManifest(Unkno
>wn Source)

Re: problem with TabWidget plugin that calls Algernon

Micheal Hewett

Algernon is already a TabWidget plugin.

Mike

Begin forwarded message:

Jennifer Vendetti <vendetti <at> stanford.edu> writes:

> If you want to develop a plug-in that is dependent on the existence of
> another plug-in, you need to specify this in your "plugin.properties"
> file, which looks something like this:
>
> plugin.dependency.count=2
> plugin.dependency.0=edu.stanford.smi.protegex.standard_extensions
> plugin.dependency.1=edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl
>
> Please see more detailed documentation about this on our Web site:
>
> http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/pdk/plugins/plugin_support_21.html

well, I created this file with the appropriated property:

plugin.dependency.count=1
plugin.dependency.0=org.algernon

but still didn't work. Trying Protege 3.1.1, it shows only a warning:

WARNING: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/algernon/kb/AlgernonKB -- PluginUti
lities.isLoadableClass()

but the plugin don't run. In fact, the plugin will serves as a interface that
will encapsulate some Algernon scripts to query and edit the KB (it is a Domain
Engineering tool to automatically derivate a DSL vocabulary based on a ontology-
based domain model that is in the KB). Thus, it will need Algernon to run this
scripts. obs: The plugin is not packed in a jar file. The code is based on the
Algernon Example Java Program: http://algernon-j.sourceforge.net/doc/simple-
java-example.html

Micheal Hewett <mike <at> hewetthome.net> writes:

> Algernon is already a TabWidget plugin.
>
> Mike
>
> Begin forwarded message:

In fact, the plugin will serves as a interface that will encapsulate some
Algernon scripts to query and edit the KB (it is a Domain Engineering tool to
automatically derivate a DSL vocabulary based on a ontology-based domain model
that is in the KB). Thus, it will need Algernon to run this scripts. obs: The
plugin is not packed in a jar file. The code is based on the Algernon Example
Java Program: http://algernon-j.sourceforge.net/doc/simple-java-example.html

Mauro