protege 4 can't find protege-dc.owl

Raimond L Winslow
I am using Protege 4 on a mac running OS X. Protege launches OK. When I attempt to load the owl file for our Cardiovascular EP ontology (owl file is local) I get the message "The system couldn't load the ontology http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/owl/dc/protege-dc.owl". Then protege requests and answer to "resolve?". My response appears to cause Protege to hang. Any ideas what might be wrong?

Re: protege 4 can't find protege-dc.owl

Nick Drummond
Hi Raimond,

The ontology at [1] is missing an xml declaration at the top of the
file which is causing the importer problems.

Try downloading the dc ontology into the folder containing your
ontology (where protege looks automatically before resorting to the
web) and editing it to add the line:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

Nick

[1] http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/owl/dc/protege-dc.owl