[protege-discussion] UMLStab question

Sira-2

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to use UMLS tab and have read through the
documentation page of this plugin, however, i have really simple setup
questions that i probably have missed the explanation somewhere on the
page. Please somebody help me:

1) I load UMLS tab to an empty project, can I perform a search on UMLS
tab without any classes defined in that project? E.g. I tried searching
for the term 'breast cancer' like seen on the tutorial section of this
plugin website but i don't see any search result returned? Is this due
to the issue of empty project?

2) My understanding is that protege connects to UMLS server as soon as
i run protege with this tab and I have to be a registered user on UMLS
server. Where do I specify username and password in order to get
connected to UMLS from protege 3.1?

3) Where can I find the setup tutorials of how to work with UMLStab?

thank you very much,
sira

Re: UMLStab question

Jennifer Vendetti
Administrator
Sira,

I answered your question on the protege-discussion mailing list.  Please
note that it is not necessary to cross-post your questions to both lists.

Jennifer