[protege-owl] About display exported owl file class name

[protege-owl] About display exported owl file class name

Feiyu Lin
Hi!

   I download one newspaper project from (see attachment):
http://nets.ii.uam.es/neptuno/iptc/

I try to export it to owl format but I can't see the class name when I
open the exported owl file. The class names look like "_01000000" ,
"_02000000", etc. Here is the warning:
INFO: Load time for file:\C:\feiyu\project\newsOnto\ontology\iptc\iptc-srs.pprj
= 3 sec (project) + 1 sec (ui)
[ProtegeUI]  Warning: No ProjectView registered for project iptc-srs
... saving successful.
[ProtegeUI]  Warning: No ProjectView registered for project iptc-srs

I am using Protege_3.2_beta full version. It works well when export
newspaper example in the Protege. What is the problem? Thanks a lot!

Best Regards
/Feiyu

iptc-srs.pprj (45K) Download Attachment
iptc-srs.rdfs (14K) Download Attachment

[protege-owl] Re: About display exported owl file class name

Timothy Redmond

I am not sure about the warning but the problem you are having has to
do with forms.  The iptc-srs.pprj has been customized to make the
rdfs file look right in Protege.  The label and the name of the
classes are things like 01000000 but the pprj file has been designed
to display the classes by their pretty name.  You can see this in the
original project by

    1. finding the Subject meta-class
        THING -> SYSTEM-CLASS -> META-CLASS -> STANDARD-CLASS -> Subject
    2. select this class and go to the forms tab
    3. in the forms tab you will see the customization that define
how the classes are to be displayed.

When you converted the project to owl this forms information was
lost.  But you can put it back by finding the Subject meta-class in
the owl file

        owl:Thing -> rdfs:Class -> owl:Class -> Subject

and reconstructing the forms information for this class.

Also, at first glance, since this has meta-classes it looks like it
is only expressible in OWL full.

-Timothy

On Jun 21, 2006, at 5:42 AM, Feiyu Lin wrote:

> Hi!
>
>   I download one newspaper project from (see attachment):
> http://nets.ii.uam.es/neptuno/iptc/
>
> I try to export it to owl format but I can't see the class name when I
> open the exported owl file. The class names look like "_01000000" ,
> "_02000000", etc. Here is the warning:
> INFO: Load time for file:\C:\feiyu\project\newsOnto\ontology\iptc
> \iptc-srs.pprj
> = 3 sec (project) + 1 sec (ui)
> [ProtegeUI]  Warning: No ProjectView registered for project iptc-srs
> ... saving successful.
> [ProtegeUI]  Warning: No ProjectView registered for project iptc-srs
>
> I am using Protege_3.2_beta full version. It works well when export
> newspaper example in the Protege. What is the problem? Thanks a lot!
>
> Best Regards
> /Feiyu
> <iptc-srs.pprj>
> <iptc-srs.rdfs>

[protege-owl] Re: About display exported owl file class name

Feiyu Lin
It works as you said! :-) Thank you very much!

Mvh
/Feiyu