[protege-owl] Class and Properties question

[protege-owl] Class and Properties question

Juan Sequeda
Hi All

I`m working on a basic ontology about a R&D Lab and I have a small question.

A member of the lab has to have a Research Interests.  I think of two
possibilities to show this.

In the class member I can create a datatype property ResearchInterest,
so when I create the instance I have to log in the ResearchInterest.

Another way could be creating a relationship, an object property to a
class ResearchInterest and create instances of the class
ResearchInterest.

Is this correct?And if so, which would be the best way? What are the
differences?

Thanks for your help

--
Juan Federico Sequeda Sanclemente
Systems and Computer Engineering Student

"No es bacano... sino Superbacano!"

[protege-owl] Re: Class and Properties question

Hai Wang
Hi Juan,
You may find some related information from the following web site.
http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-specified-values/

Regards
Hai

On 1 Feb 2006, at 23:23, Juan Federico Sequeda Sanclemente wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I`m working on a basic ontology about a R&D Lab and I have a small
> question.
>
> A member of the lab has to have a Research Interests.  I think of two
> possibilities to show this.
>
> In the class member I can create a datatype property ResearchInterest,
> so when I create the instance I have to log in the ResearchInterest.
>
> Another way could be creating a relationship, an object property to a
> class ResearchInterest and create instances of the class
> ResearchInterest.
>
> Is this correct?And if so, which would be the best way? What are the
> differences?
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> --
> Juan Federico Sequeda Sanclemente
> Systems and Computer Engineering Student
> Universidad del Valle
> Tel: +57 2 516 2612
> Fax: +57 2 516 2613
> Cel: +57 310 390 1211