[protege-owl] Convert OWL-RDF to DIG 1.1

[protege-owl] Convert OWL-RDF to DIG 1.1

Boyan Yurukov
Hallo,

Can one convert OWL-RDF to DIG 1.1 in Protege?

Greetings,
Boyan Yurukov.

Re: [protege-owl] Convert OWL-RDF to DIG 1.1

John Goodwin
Click on code (from the tool main tool), and select "show DIG code".
Copy and paste what you see you a text file. Guessing that's DIG1.1

John

.

This email is only intended for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential information. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email which must not be copied, distributed or disclosed to any other person.

Unless stated otherwise, the contents of this email are personal to the writer and do not represent the official view of Ordnance Survey. Nor can any contract be formed on Ordnance Survey's behalf via email. We reserve the right to monitor emails and attachments without prior notice.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Ordnance Survey
Romsey Road
Southampton SO16 4GU
Tel: 023 8079 2000
http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk

[protege-owl] OWL Viz

Pyrococcus Furiosus
Hi!
I'm trying to use the owl viz, but i get a DOT Error.
It tells me that the OWL Viz probably cannot find the
DOT application.
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is the DOT
application and where may i find it?
Thanks in advance,
rob

Re: [protege-owl] OWL Viz

Leonardo Jacques da Silva
Hello Roberto,

Take a look at the OWL Viz Guide(http://www.co-ode.org/downloads/owlviz/OWLVizGuide.pdf), maybe, it can be helpful to you.

On 10/9/06, Roberto Grimaldi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi!
I'm trying to use the owl viz, but i get a DOT Error.
It tells me that the OWL Viz probably cannot find the
DOT application.
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is the DOT
application and where may i find it?
Thanks in advance,
rob

Leonardo Jacques

Re: [protege-owl] Convert OWL-RDF to DIG 1.1

Leonardo Jacques da Silva

Boyan, why do you want to convert OWL/RDF to DIG 1.1?
What can do with this file?

Thanks,

.

[...]

Thanks John.

On 10/9/06, Leonardo Jacques da Silva <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Boyan, why do you want to convert OWL/RDF to DIG 1.1?
> What can do with this file?

Well I am using a certain dig api to import and query owl from a
server, but It requires the imported owl to be in a dig format. I
could use the protege api, but I could not find a proper tutorial or
examples.

Greetings,
Yurukov.

> Thanks,

Re: [protege-owl] Convert OWL-RDF to DIG 1.1

Leonardo Jacques da Silva
Using this API permit you to query OWL code?
Are you using JENA to do that?

Thanks,

On 10/9/06, Boyan Yurukov <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks John.

On 10/9/06, Leonardo Jacques da Silva < [hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Boyan, why do you want to convert OWL/RDF to DIG 1.1?
> What can do with this file?

Well I am using a certain dig api to import and query owl from a
server, but It requires the imported owl to be in a dig format. I
could use the protege api, but I could not find a proper tutorial or
examples.

Greetings,
Yurukov.

> Thanks,

Leonardo Jacques

Re: [protege-owl] Convert OWL-RDF to DIG 1.1

Boyan Yurukov
nope http://dig.sourceforge.net/

Greetings,
Yurukov.

On 10/9/06, Leonardo Jacques da Silva <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Using this API permit you to query OWL code?
> Are you using JENA to do that?
>
> Thanks,
>

> On 10/9/06, Boyan Yurukov < [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks John.
> >

> > On 10/9/06, Leonardo Jacques da Silva < [hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Boyan, why do you want to convert OWL/RDF to DIG 1.1?
> > > What can do with this file?
> >
> > Well I am using a certain dig api to import and query owl from a
> > server, but It requires the imported owl to be in a dig format. I
> > could use the protege api, but I could not find a proper tutorial or
> > examples.
> >
> > Greetings,
> > Yurukov.
> >

> > > Thanks,

> Leonardo Jacques

Re: [protege-owl] Convert OWL-RDF to DIG 1.1

Rajverma
Hi Boyan,

But, don't you think querying an un-classified ontology through DIG interface is more time consuming than querying a classified ontology through Protégé?? I mean, if you have to query an ontology through DIG interface by calling the reasoner, then the reasoner has to do the classification every time when you send the request and then will give you the answer! Am I right? Instead of that, we can classify the ontology once, save it, and then query this ontology through protégé API without having to undergo the classification by the reasoner all the time.

Ofcourse, if the ontology is changing dynamically then it makes sense to call the reasoner to classify the ontology (for every change) before giving the query results... but if we are dealing with relatively static ontology, then I think it is better to classify it once and then query it through the protégé API...

Could you (or any other experts) pls share your thoughts on this!

Thanx,
Raj