[protege-owl] DC import

zouaq
>Hello all,
>
>I imported the dublin core ontology. I see the dublin core properties in
>the property list. However, I am wondering how I can use the dc:creator
>for example between to owl classes that I defined, let's say Person and
>Document ??? I don't want to use dc:creator as an annotation property...
>
>Thanks for your Help!

[protege-owl] adding a new class

Y Arun
Hello;
I am trying to learn how to build a onthology. I have
downloaded the Protége and installed on my pc.  I had
a all my plug-in installed too.  I was trying to add
new classes using Tools-->Wizards, but "new class
using display slot" function is not active.  I was
following the tutorial for word to word.  Can anyone
tell me, how I can add new class? Is there a mistake
in a documentation.

Thank You
Yaso

[protege-owl] Re: adding a new class

Nick Drummond
Yaso,

You can create several classes at once by selecting
Tools->QuickOWL->create (multiple) Classes.

Nick

PS Please in future start a new thread by creating a new email instead
of replying to - thanks

Y Arun wrote:

>Hello;
>I am trying to learn how to build a onthology. I have
>downloaded the Protége and installed on my pc.  I had
>a all my plug-in installed too.  I was trying to add
>new classes using Tools-->Wizards, but "new class
>using display slot" function is not active.  I was
>following the tutorial for word to word.  Can anyone
>tell me, how I can add new class? Is there a mistake
>in a documentation.
>

>Thank You
>Yaso

Nick Drummond

[protege-owl] Re: DC import

Matthew Horridge

You should create an object property, say "hasCreator", and then put
an existential restriction on Document to say "hasCreator some
Person".  You can't use annotation properties to say this kind of thing.

On 3 Feb 2006, at 18:12, [hidden email] wrote:

>> Hello all,
>>
>> I imported the dublin core ontology. I see the dublin core
>> properties in
>> the property list. However, I am wondering how I can use the
>> dc:creator
>> for example between to owl classes that I defined, let's say
>> Person and
>> Document ??? I don't want to use dc:creator as an annotation
>> property...
>>
>> Thanks for your Help!

[protege-owl] ontology import

nini-2
Hello Matthew,

May I ask how to import ontology2.owl into ontology2.owl in Protégé 3.2?

nini

Nwe Ni Tun
Knowledge Engineering Laboratory
School of Information Science
Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
http://www.jaist.ac.jp
email: [hidden email]
WWW:http://cirrus.jaist.ac.jp:8080/nini/nini.htm

You should create an object property, say "hasCreator", and then put
an existential restriction on Document to say "hasCreator some
Person".  You can't use annotation properties to say this kind of thing.

On 3 Feb 2006, at 18:12, [hidden email] wrote:

>> Hello all,
>>
>> I imported the dublin core ontology. I see the dublin core
>> properties in
>> the property list. However, I am wondering how I can use the
>> dc:creator
>> for example between to owl classes that I defined, let's say
>> Person and
>> Document ??? I don't want to use dc:creator as an annotation
>> property...
>>
>> Thanks for your Help!

> subscribe.html

[protege-owl] Re: ontology import

Matthew Horridge
Hi Nini,

> May I ask how to import ontology2.owl into ontology2.owl in Protégé
> 3.2?

I'm afraid that I don't understand this question.  Please can you
rephrase it?

> nini

> Nwe Ni Tun
> Knowledge Engineering Laboratory
> School of Information Science
> Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
> http://www.jaist.ac.jp
> email: [hidden email]
> WWW:http://cirrus.jaist.ac.jp:8080/nini/nini.htm

I constructed two separated ontologies: wine_shops.owl and winery.owl.
Then, I like to import winery.owl into wine_shops.owl, and use it.

Nwe Ni Tun
Knowledge Engineering Laboratory
School of Information Science
Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
http://www.jaist.ac.jp
email: [hidden email]
WWW:http://cirrus.jaist.ac.jp:8080/nini/nini.htm

> May I ask how to import ontology2.owl into ontology2.owl in Protégé
> 3.2?

I'm afraid that I don't understand this question.  Please can you
rephrase it?

> nini

> Nwe Ni Tun
> Knowledge Engineering Laboratory
> School of Information Science
> Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
> http://www.jaist.ac.jp
> email: [hidden email]
> WWW:http://cirrus.jaist.ac.jp:8080/nini/nini.htm

Hai Wang
Hi Nini,
There is a step-by-step instruction for importing owl ontology in
Protege.
http://www.co-ode.org/resources/reference/imports/

Regards
Hai

On 7 Feb 2006, at 12:57, nini wrote:

> I constructed two separated ontologies: wine_shops.owl and winery.owl.
> Then, I like to import winery.owl into wine_shops.owl, and use it.

> Nwe Ni Tun
> Knowledge Engineering Laboratory
> School of Information Science
> Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
> http://www.jaist.ac.jp
> email: [hidden email]
> WWW:http://cirrus.jaist.ac.jp:8080/nini/nini.htm

Regards
Hai

Research Associate
Department of Computer Science
Kilburn Building
University of Manchester
Oxford Road
Manchester M13 9PL
UK
Homepage: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~hwang

[protege-owl] Re: ontology import

nini-2
Hello Matthew,

I could import ontologies via imports widget from metadata tab.
I'd like to know about the following operations:
1. How to convert Excel or Access data records as the individual data
for OWL ontologies?
2. How to start writing of a Semantic Web application GUI which will
exploit Protégé OWL ontologies and link on Protégé OWL plug-in as a tab?
Thanks in advance.

WWW:http://www.jaist.ac.jp/~nitun/index.html

> May I ask how to import ontology2.owl into ontology2.owl in Protégé
> 3.2?

I'm afraid that I don't understand this question.  Please can you
rephrase it?

> nini

> Nwe Ni Tun
> Knowledge Engineering Laboratory
> School of Information Science
> Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
> http://www.jaist.ac.jp
> email: [hidden email]
> WWW:http://cirrus.jaist.ac.jp:8080/nini/nini.htm

I could import ontologies via imports widget from metadata tab. Thank
you!
I'd like to know about the following operations:
1. How to convert Excel or Access data records as the individual data
for OWL ontologies?
2. How to get drag-and-drop mechanism in Protégé OWL plug-in to acquisit
data for individuals?
3. How to start writing of a Semantic Web application GUI which will
exploit Protégé OWL ontologies and link on Protégé OWL plug-in as a tab?

Thanks for any help.