[protege-owl] DIG Reasoner

Jethro Borsje
Hi everybody,

When I try to check my ontology for consistency, this is what I get:
"Reasoner log:
DIG Reasoner Error: Connection refused: connect"

I saw that Racer implements a DIG reasoner, but I have to pay for it. Is
there a way to use a DIG reasoner in Protégé for free?

--
Best regards,
Jethro Borsje

Re: [protege-owl] DIG Reasoner

Kostas Vavliakis
You have to use the right port, see OWL-Preferences in Protégé.

I think you can user Racer for free for academic use, just login and request
a license, you can also use Pellet Reasoner which is free and Fact++.

I guess you are reffering to this URL: http://localhost:8080?

> I think you can user Racer for free for academic use, just login and request
> a license, you can also use Pellet Reasoner which is free and Fact++.

With respect to the previous URL: I guess I still have to install Racer,
Pellet or Fact++? If so: how do I install Pellet or Fact++?

Mauro Lopes-2
>I guess you are reffering to this URL: http://localhost:8080?
Yes. You have to change the port, depending on which port the reasoner uses (I believe you change that depending on the reasoner).

>With respect to the previous URL: I guess I still have to install Racer,
>Pellet or Fact++? If so: how do I install Pellet or Fact++?
I believe that both of them you don't install. You just download a zip file, unzip it and execute the reasoner. I believe each one of them  uses a different port, but I'm not sure.

Regards,
Mauro Lopes.

2006/12/15, Jethro Borsje <[hidden email]>:
> You have to use the right port, see OWL-Preferences in Protégé.

I guess you are reffering to this URL: http://localhost:8080?

> I think you can user Racer for free for academic use, just login and request
> a license, you can also use Pellet Reasoner which is free and Fact++.

With respect to the previous URL: I guess I still have to install Racer,
Pellet or Fact++? If so: how do I install Pellet or Fact++?

You are right, I downloaded Fact++. I have to run an .exe file and then
I can use the reasoner in Protégé. The port of Fact++ is 3490.

--
Best regards,
Jethro Borsje

Re: [protege-owl] DIG Reasoner

lorenzo_be

Pellet uses port 8081, RacerPro port 8080. I never try Fact++.

Laurent