[protege-owl] Determined OWL sublanguage DB / File differs

[protege-owl] Determined OWL sublanguage DB / File differs

Stefan Göhring
Hello!
I built an OWL-DL ontology with protege 3.2 built 355, reasoned it with
Pellt 1.3 and http://68.162.250.6:8080/consvisor without any errors at
DL level.
I saved my project as OWL file. Using Protege -> Tools -> Determine OWL
Sublanguage... I get "OWL DL" as answer. When I convert this project to
the OWL database (MySQL 5, mysql-connector-java-3.1.13) format and run
the determiner again I get "OWL Full" as an answer. Converting the same
project back to OWL file the determined sublanguage is again OWL DL.

Is that behaviour known?

Regards,
Stefan Göhring

Re: [protege-owl] Determined OWL sublanguage DB / File differs

Alan March
I noticed that same behaviour. Nevertheless, DB-backend-based ontologies
which would be DL if in OWL format behave perfectly when reasoners are run.
I don't know why they are categorized as OWL Full, as conceptually they
aren't.