[protege-owl] Error in OWL file

POPESCU Adrian 211643 Thésard

Hello,
I am trying to automatically generate an OWL ontology and, when trying to open it, I get an error that apparently was not previously signalled on the list:
"SEVERE: Fatal Error -- com.hp.hpl.jena.rdf.orp.ParseException: {E301} The content of elements must consist of well formed character of data or markup"
As I get to generate smaller OWL files with the same method, I suppose there is something illegal about class names but I cannot figure what that is. Can anyone give me any hints.
Thanks,
Adrian Popescu

[protege-owl] Re: Error in OWL file

Tania Tudorache
Adrian,

did you try to validate the OWL file in an OWL Validator, like:
http://phoebus.cs.man.ac.uk:9999/OWL/Validator?

It may give you hints what is wrong with the file.

Tania

POPESCU Adrian 211643 Thésard wrote:

>Hello,
>I am trying to automatically generate an OWL ontology and, when trying to open it, I get an error that apparently was not previously signalled on the list:
>"SEVERE: Fatal Error -- com.hp.hpl.jena.rdf.orp.ParseException: {E301} The content of elements must consist of well formed character of data or marrkup"
>As I get to generate smaller OWL files with the same method, I suppose there is something illegal about class names but I cannot figure what that is. Can anyone give me any hints.
>Thanks,
>Adrian Popescu

[protege-owl] Re: Error in OWL file

POPESCU Adrian 211643 Thésard
Thanks for the idea, it works.
Being that the error was related to XML entities names, it equally works
by simply trying to open the OWL file in a web browser.
Adrian