[protege-owl] Error reading file

Eliecer Cadenas
Hello:

I created an owl ontology (inlcuding swrl) using Protege. I'm saving it. After that, I can reload it using protege but when I'm trying to read this file using the following code:

FileInputStream f;
f = new FileInputStream("/home/leliecer/ontologias/Pruebas/Pruebas.owl");
owlModel=ProtegeOWL.createJenaOWLModelFromInputStream(f);

I get the following message:

[ProtegeOWLParser] Importing http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/owl/protege (from http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/owl/protege [actual ontology at this location: null])
[ProtegeOWLParser] Warning: Ignoring namespace prefix "xsp" for existing prefix "j.0"
[ProtegeOWLParser] Importing http://www.co-ode.org/ontologies/meta/2005/06/15/meta.owl
[ProtegeOWLParser] Completed triple loading after 4640 ms
[TripleChangePostProcessor] Completed lists after 0 ms
[TripleChangePostProcessor] Completed anonymous classes after 19 ms
[TripleChangePostProcessor] Completed deprecated classes after 11 ms
[TripleChangePostProcessor] Completed properties after 145 ms
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: null slot
        at edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.framestore.ArgumentCheckingFrameStore.assertNotNull(Unknown Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.framestore.ArgumentCheckingFrameStore.checkSlot(Unknown Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.framestore.ArgumentCheckingFrameStore.getDirectOwnSlotValues(Unknown Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.framestore.ModificationFrameStore.getDirectOwnSlotValues(Unknown Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.framestore.cleandispatch.DefaultDispatch.getDirectOwnSlotValues(Unknown Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.framestore.cleandispatch.CleanDispatchFrameStore.getDirectOwnSlotValues(Unknown Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.framestore.FrameStoreAdapter.getDirectOwnSlotValues(Unknown Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.framestore.FrameStoreAdapter.getDirectOwnSlotValues(Unknown Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.framestore.OWLFrameStore.getDirectOwnSlotValuesConverting(Unknown Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.impl.OWLUtil.getPropertyValues(Unknown Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.impl.OWLUtil.getPropertyValue(Unknown Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.impl.AbstractRDFSClass.getPropertyValue(Unknown Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.classdisplay.AbstractOWLClassDisplay.getCommentText(Unknown Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.classdisplay.AbstractOWLClassDisplay.getDisplayText(Unknown Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.impl.AbstractOWLAnonymousClass.getBrowserText(Unknown Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.triplestore.impl.DuplicateSuperclassesPostProcessor.removeDuplicateSuperclasses(Unknown Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.triplestore.impl.DuplicateSuperclassesPostProcessor.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.triplestore.impl.TripleChangePostProcessor.postProcess(Unknown Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.triplestore.impl.AbstractTripleStoreModel.endTripleStoreChanges(Unknown Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.parser.ProtegeOWLParser.loadTriples(Unknown Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.parser.ProtegeOWLParser.run(Unknown Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.parser.ProtegeOWLParser.run(Unknown Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.JenaOWLModel.load(Unknown Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.ProtegeOWL.createJenaOWLModelFromInputStream(Unknown Source)
        at ontosofos.Main.main(Main.java:41)

Do you have any idea of what is happening?

Thanks.
Luis Eliecer

[protege-owl] Error reading file

Eliecer Cadenas
Hello:

I created an owl ontology (inlcuding swrl) using Protege. I'm saving it. After that, I can reload it using protege but when I'm trying to read this file using the following code:

FileInputStream f;
f = new FileInputStream("/home/leliecer/ontologias/Pruebas/Pruebas.owl");
owlModel=ProtegeOWL.createJenaOWLModelFromInputStream(f);

I get the following message:

[ProtegeOWLParser] Importing <a href="http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/owl/protege" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/owl/protege (from <a href="http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/owl/protege" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/owl/protege [actual ontology at this location: null])
[ProtegeOWLParser] Warning: Ignoring namespace prefix "xsp" for existing prefix "j.0"
[ProtegeOWLParser] Importing <a href="http://www.co-ode.org/ontologies/meta/2005/06/15/meta.owl" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">http://www.co-ode.org/ontologies/meta/2005/06/15/meta.owl
[...]

Thanks.
Luis Eliecer

[protege-owl] Re: Error reading file

Tania Tudorache
Luis,

What version of Protege 3.2 beta are you using? The error that you get
is very similar to a previous error that we have corrected in the
current beta. It seems, you have an incorrect namespace prefix
generated: "j.0".

In case you are not using the current beta, please update your Protege
version.

You can also try to open the owl file with a text editor, and replace
all "j.0" with another prefix (probably it is associated to the swrl
namespace, so you can use the prefix "swrl").

Tania

Eliecer Cadenas wrote:

> [...]
> Source)
>         at
> edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.parser.ProtegeOWLParser.loadTriples(Unknown
> Source)
>         at
> edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.parser.ProtegeOWLParser.run(Unknown
> Source)
>         at
> edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.parser.ProtegeOWLParser.run(Unknown
> Source)
>         at
> edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.JenaOWLModel.load(Unknown Source)
>         at
> edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.ProtegeOWL.createJenaOWLModelFromInputStream(Unknown
> Source)
>         at ontosofos.Main.main(Main.java:41)
>
> Do you have any idea of what is happening?

Hi:

Thank you. I was trying to figure out the problem with the file, but I never found it. I rewrote the ontology whith the new build 422 and everything is working now.

Regards,